Cablemod 24pin doesn't fit.

Associate
Hi, I bought a cablkemod kit, this one: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cabl...-hxi-and-rm-yellow-label-black-cm-169-cm.html

I have a Corsair HX 850 but the 24pin mobo cable doesn't fit at the PSU end

y4m9v-hy-AgKBXeTWeOs8Okvoa5gUlKvmwQoWflQg5zKqlL62aSO83jYIcPyhnMfC57aAzuq7MHdl4s3ORq4e6OeKD9ryg2Uyrl72lpSZ9u6nFddKRiI8w12Y2NuMtaKtibIg-_GHdFdU7BSf8FtBTqhemvFXfF0A71lLyEahy2MWp6g0uf9_UwbAnPvk5HMR2j

If I line it up with the top notch the holes dont fit, ut they do if i put it one to the side but as you can see there;s gap of 2.

Hers how its supposed to look with the default corsair cables:
y4m2W4pdge6YH-6hSOwq2fw4djCVq2RPM6xR9W7vAG0oh6zQk4nnHorW7GmjfbcKlyfKmy3IxNYfm3V0vyxWkgrE-kTG55LAymjAD4f4OtKFsoT6OrRJAiwogKIgJhBLANSQzjSdTAujbDe5t58QYR8oAsKpJ5qHDu4OLNalsLlhUG49g6rNL0o2d4wDC3E9-Lw

I know its the HX and not the HXi but pretty sure the connections are the same. I dont get it?

Associate
A quick look at a HXi model and the HX, shows that the main 9 pin got changed to the new 7 pin layout over on the HXi series. And that is why they don't fit together. You'll need to get either a HX (non i) matching cables, or return them, but as you have opened them, I'm not sure what the process is for that.

Associate
OP
Oh bummmer. I searched the entire range of corsair cablemod and there was no mention of HX only so I assumed as far as cabling goes they were one and the same. Well all the other cables work so I'll keep them and just buy another 24 pin. Thanks.

I was surprised at how stiff they were after seeing people install them on videos, then I recently noticed there is a range above the ones I got called PRO, are they softer and more fabric like?

Man of Honour
As they are not for your psu I wouldn't be using any of the cables as you may end up frying the PSU or even worse, the pc as the pinouts could be different. If you must use the other cables check every wire against your current cables to make sure the wires are in exactly the same place and go to exactly the same place on the other end. If they don't match it's going to be a expensive mistake.

Associate
OP
I am guessing you have the HX Platinum ? as that uses Type 4 for the 24 pin vs Type 3 for the HXi.

https://www.corsair.com/ww/en/psu-cable-compatibility

Yeah thats right, I actually did look at this and still ballsed it up lol, its all gobbledygook to me!

So looking at that all the other cables are interchangeable between HX platinum, and HXi?
Type 4 - 8-pin EPS12V
Type 4 - PCIe
Type 3 - 24-pin ATX
Type 3 - 8-pin EPS12V
Type 3 - PCIe
Type 3 - PATA/SATA

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom