Smartwatch Thread (news/apps/updates)

Associate
I was going to upgrade my Samsung galaxy active 2 LTE to the galaxy watch 3. I'm glad i decided to wait. i think it makes more sense to see what is happening with the Google/Samsung collab with the new wear os/Tizen collab so we know what hardware will be best to run it.

I mean just because a current smartwatch company will say"we will be releasing the new os on our current product range when it's released" doesn't mean it will run well. I suspect it will need new hardware to make the most of it. i could be wrong, but I'm glad i personally waited.

On the flip side the new combo os could run brilliantly on older watches so we could save money and not have to buy a new watch to take advantage of the new os. Looks like we wont have long to wait, with Samsungs latest news.

Associate
Waiting for the new OS to be shown before replacing my Charge 2.

Had mine for nearly 4 years now, and I'm fairly impressed still. Battery lasts roughly a week (charge it 2-3 times a week between 10-30 minutes at a time), it picks up my sport activity automatically and I like the data and the way they are presented in the Fitbit app. Only downsides are the screen is now scratched and slightly cracked, and in very bright sunlight not very readable.

I want to go for another fitbit device, unless the new OS looks better in the way they present and use the data. Reading a few articles it seems that part of Fitbit's will be incorporated into the new OS so fingers crossed it's implemented well.

Man of Honour
@Malevolence

Just a little tip which took me about 3 days to work out if you are setting it up.
Google Pay needs you to lock your phone so trying to set it up no matter what I was doing I had to keep unlocking it to do anything.
I eventually realised it was because I was setting it up off my wrist :)
So basically if you take your phone off the wrist and put it back on you put your code in like a phone so once a day for me.

Also there are 3 types of watch face which I posted on post 2710, try the Always On Mode, I get at least 3 days out of it and it looks better than the Dual Display which is the middle picture..

Associate
Those of you who have the Ticwatch Pro 3 - Which fitness app do you use TicHealth or Google Fit?

Which of the 2 is more accurate?

Why do you prefer one over the other?

Associate
Mrs has just moved back to Apple Watch after a while using a Samsung Galaxy Active Watch 2 for a while. Before that she had a series 4 Apple Watch. Kinda want to join her now :p

Soldato
Life hack :
I ordered the E3, and on the day of receiving they put the pro 3 on sale at virtually the same price as the E3, so I emailed them and asked them for a return, they offered me 30% off the E3 which I accepted.

Soldato
Does anybody know how to stop this from constantly popping up and how to what it says, i.e., keep the Wear OS app running in the background?

DAq2ZUhh.jpg

I click through the "Stay Connected" and then allow the app to keep running but no matter what the permissions don't stick and the app loses connection and you have to go through the process to allow it again. Even if you leave the app open as opposed to minimizing it, the next time you use the phone it's asking for permission again.

Seems I'm not the only person having this issue, and it seems to be an issue with the Wear OS app rather than any hardware issue.

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/wear-os-run-in-background-setting-doesnt-stick.1074185/

Soldato
Does anybody know how to stop this from constantly popping up and how to what it says, i.e., keep the Wear OS app running in the background?

DAq2ZUhh.jpg

I click through the "Stay Connected" and then allow the app to keep running but no matter what the permissions don't stick and the app loses connection and you have to go through the process to allow it again. Even if you leave the app open as opposed to minimizing it, the next time you use the phone it's asking for permission again.

Seems I'm not the only person having this issue, and it seems to be an issue with the Wear OS app rather than any hardware issue.

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/wear-os-run-in-background-setting-doesnt-stick.1074185/

I would look at the permissions for the app.

Back
Top Bottom