What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
I've stopped over-analysing movies as I've come to the conclusion that the vast majority of Hollywood is literally run by Screenwriter Guy (from the Pitch Meeting series) and they don't care about logic as long as they make money. There are just so many films nowadays that are "good" but with a few seconds thought are so full of holes and stupidity that they break with even their own established reality, never mind ours.

Last edited:
Soldato
The Tomorrow War - 5½/10

I also couldn't quite understand why their idea was to go back in time and bring people forward to the action?! Why wouldn't you go back in time and prepare them, or as our hero did, kill them at the source? (Again, 8 year olds making the plot) It would even have been a better plan, knowing what was coming, to go back and encourage people to have more kids, build a larger population, rather than take people back to the future. How on earth is taking people back a good plan?!

Indeed, 25 to 30 years to develop better weapons that could actually penetrate the outer hide of the creatures, rather than unloading a clip of standard ammo and getting nowhere. I mean, if they could develop time travel tech, then some form of rail gun or beam weapon should have been a doddle.

Man of Honour
Random suggestion from Netflix - Hotel Artemis.

Doesn't seem that well received, but I liked it. Hospital for crims while LA is undergoing a (another) meltdown... Jodie Foster is great. Jeff Goldblum played pretty much the same person he's played for the last 10 years.

[

Associate
Freaky - 7.5/10

Wasn't expecting much having just seen the trailer and not reading any reviews but was pleasantly surprised. Quite a fresh mix of comedy within a slasher type film that you don't see often.

Soldato
Godzilla vs Kong

A throw away action movie but boy dies it do action. 5/10 for the movie.

The 4K Bluray looked absolutely stunning, the HDR was top drawer. And the onslaught of sound on the senses was amazing. 10/10 for Audio and Visuals.

Caporegime
The Tomorrow War - 5/10.

Jesus... This is what happens when a few writers all want different things and ideas and they decide to just try and fit everything in anyway.
Logic defying character motivations and time travel done so poorly that it becomes ultimately nonsense.
Chris Pratt... Is Chris Pratt and his character is very very very very lucky and ultimately very very very stupid and even luckier.

It feels like Transformers meets Con Air, meets Call of Duty meets Aliens.

Soldato
The tomorrow war : 6/10

Not awful but not great either. Pretty standard sci-fi action. It got a little bit silly towards the end but nothing too bad. Alien designs were pretty good.

Man of Honour
I wasn't bad but it should have been much better than it was - some good talent, the top billed dozen or so actors are all solid and been in many of the best movies and TV shows I've watched over the years, and a great premise and some immersive concepts.

One of those things where it boggles your mind that someone sat down and was like yeah ship it (so to speak) rather than seeing how much it could have been improved by a little adjustment here or there to remove some of the more silly aspects or develop it a bit further in some areas, etc.

Soldato
I just couldn't get over the fact that....

apart from the time travel to come back and warn everyone what is happening in the future, the ENTIRE plot of going to the future to fight and develop a weapon is completely pointless as they could have just blown up the space ship they found in the original timeline, as they eventually did. Without even needing the toxin thing too.

Back
Top Bottom