Horizontal blinds, plastic wands.

Associate
Have quite long windows and the plastic wand come down well over half way, so to stop children tugging on the wand and possibly damaging it, is it ok to cut the wand therefore shortening it, is there any reason why the wand is so long, and would shortening it cause problems?

In other words are these wands long for a reason?

Associate
OP
As long as you don't damage the phoenix feather you'll be fine.
Thanks, think it looks better long rather than short.

What happened was that one side came away from the unseen one of two brackets, seems the two metal brackets were positioned slightly differently. Perhaps due to weight.

Soldato
Have quite long windows and the plastic wand come down well over half way, so to stop children tugging on the wand and possibly damaging it, is it ok to cut the wand therefore shortening it, is there any reason why the wand is so long, and would shortening it cause problems?

In other words are these wands long for a reason?

I think they're typically as long as the height of the window. My living room windows are quite tall and the wands were much longer than the bedroom ones.

If you're concerned with those, i assume you've already tied away the pull chords for the blind? - those would be more dangerous to young children than the wand.

Back
Top Bottom