• A kill a day

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • A kill a week

Votes: 24 11.9%
  • A kill a month

Votes: 28 13.9%
  • Vegan

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • My cat only eats pancakes and doesn't care whether they're made of meat or vegetables

Votes: 28 13.9%
  • I don't have a cat

Votes: 111 55.2%

• Total voters
Soldato
Today my cat killed 2 mice and 2 shrews before lunchtime. He's upped his game from one a day over the last week.

@Feek can we have a poll? "Is your cat a crazed killer?" Options: A kill a day, a kill a week, a kill a month, vegan.

Soldato
I have two. They average a couple a month each I'd say. Sometimes they go bananas and do like 10 a week. They do eat things though, so probably catch more than I know. Sometimes we go weeks or even months with nothing.

The male cat brings things back alive. The biggest live prey was a magpie. He was fun. Very unhappy with proceedings. Once I got the cat away from it, he walked out of the front door giving me side eyes. No idea how he got dragged through the catflap.

Soldato
I'd rather that then what my cats used to do, just catch them and release them alive in the house.

Yep. New Years day this year, after about 3 hours sleep and still drunk, I awoke to my cat releasing a thrush about 2ft away from my face. I had to spend about 2 hours catching the thing. It got wedged behind some shelves in my office.

He really can be ****er sometimes.

Soldato
I have 2 cats, one seems to love frogs and always brings them in fully alive just hanging by a leg, i always catch them and let them go, the other is scared of his own shadow so he does nothing.

Soldato
Reading this while one of my cats is gobbling something on the lawn.

Had a range of stuff over the years, most notably an uncooked baguette, a whole pheasant (must have been roadkill) and a chicken.

Soldato
At the end of my street, about 50 yards from my house, are the grassy and overgrown banks of a decent sized river. The little 'presents' my cat used to bring home were countless.

Back
Top Bottom