Wimbledon 2021

Associate
Oh she'll definitely do well, rise up the seeding and get rich. She might even get to a quarter or semi final of Wimbledon. But that's about it. The european players are just better. I told you I'm a pessimist :D

Well she is a imported "Brit" like Rusedski so maybe she'll do better :p

The wee lass is 18, just a baby. She'll get better and cope with her nerves better too (if that is what the problem was).

Caporegime
Raducanu's said she felt dizzy at the end of the first set and started to struggle with her breathing. Thought she looked off her game within the first few points of the match, compared to her previous rounds, and she stopped mid rally half way through the set. Could've been a fitness issue as much as a panic attack but glad she's ok today.

Caporegime
Raducanu's said she felt dizzy at the end of the first set and started to struggle with her breathing. Thought she looked off her game within the first few points of the match, compared to her previous rounds, and she stopped mid rally half way through the set. Could've been a fitness issue as much as a panic attack but glad she's ok today.

Definitely sounds like an anxiety thing.

edit ----------->

In before @robfosters says she couldn't handle the pressure and bottled it.

Soldato
I thought Raducanu did fantastically well. She coped really well with show court pressure in round 3.

4th round seemed to spiral away from her, but she is so young, she is just 2 years older than my daughter, basically still a child.

I just really hope she stays away from the inevitable idiots that will be saturating her social media.

Caporegime
Shapovalov v Khachanov is getting tasty :cool:

I just really hope she stays away from the inevitable idiots that will be saturating her social media.
Hopefully she's got thick skin because the vile piece of subhuman scum Piers Morgan seems to have gone after her and a number of people that came out in support of her. Obviously done for no other reason than to stay relevant but it won't help her.

Soldato
I think she done great as well, was a bit gutted when she retired to be honest.

Fed really struggling here, slipped on a key point in the TB of the second set.

This looks like the beginning of the end if he can’t be randoms in their first QF at Wimbledon who’ve been around for years.

Caporegime
I can't see him winning another major unless Djokovic gets injured but he's another player that's barely played this year, he's mishit a ridiculous amount of shots over the last week. Not sure if that's down to his footwork, timing or a change of grip but there are obvious improvements to be made with practice.

Soldato
This is over.

double break down.

He’s always shanked random shots through out the years but he’s just missing so many easy shots that you’d expect him to make with his eyes closed.

His FH is all over the place, has to be lack of matches. He is 39

Soldato
I think she done great as well, was a bit gutted when she retired to be honest.

Fed really struggling here, slipped on a key point in the TB of the second set.

This looks like the beginning of the end if he can’t be randoms in their first QF at Wimbledon who’ve been around for years.

He's not a random, he's won two tournaments this year and currently ranked 18.

It might well be Federer's last year, but he's coming back from injury so probably not 100%.

Soldato
A tall order for Salisbury/Ram today against Mektic/Pavic having lost to them a few times already this year.

Hopefully we'll have a different outcome today.

Soldato
His level is still ridiculously high for this age.
Let's give some credit to the winner who is good enough to beat him.

I think he won't give up. He still has some remaining juice to lurk around the Top 20 for quite a while.

He's not a random, he's won two tournaments this year and currently ranked 18.

It might well be Federer's last year, but he's coming back from injury so probably not 100%.

Im still skeptical, I do agree that he’s still good enough for the top 20/10 which really sums up the state of men’s tennis.

The 1000 he won didn’t have any of the big dogs, he also has to face up and coming Sinner (who looks the real deal) so that fired him right up the rankings.

Novax is currently 1.08 to win today, that is absolutely ridiculous considering he’s #12. This Wimbledon win could arguably be the easiest run in the history of slams.

Associate
Question to anyone who has gone this year... We did the lateral test, but as we live in Wales, can't show the result via the NHS Covid 19 app. We both received a text saying we've done it, the date, and that it's a negative result.

Is the text message sufficient as evidence to gain entry?

Caporegime
Berrettini's very good, gave Djokovic a run for his money once he relaxed at the French, won Queens and has had a relatively straight forward passage through to the semis. Expected him to wallop Federer, if Medvedev didn't, although didn't expect Hurkacz to beat both.

Edit: At what point will McEnroe question his mental state/nerves? :D

Berrettini's forehand doesn't have the same thud Del Potro's did but it reminds me of his, massive weapon.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom