A Tasteful Case?

Soldato
I know this is a vague question and it's all in the eye of the beholder - I'm considering a new PC but have no idea where to start when it comes to getting a case. The computer is going to be sitting in my office and I want the case to be high quality (so I don't mind spending a couple of hundred quid, but probably no more), but also to look like it's a decent product. That probably means no in-your-face RGB.

Can anyone recommend a product (ideally mid-sized and ideally with no upper cooling vents) that will house a full-sized GPU, and suitable AIO cooling for a decent CPU? I'd like the case to look like a quality item rather than a fashion statement of lights (not that I have anything against RGB or snazzy PC setups).

Suggestions appreciated.

EDIT - I'm not massively keen on side windows either.

Permabanned
You can have a windowed case with minimal RGB?

I like these
▷ Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Digital Midi Tower Gl… | OcUK (overclockers.co.uk)

Or fractal
▷ Fractal Design Meshify 2 Midi Tower case XL -… | OcUK (overclockers.co.uk)

Cheaper fractal
▷ Fractal Design Define C Midi Tower Case - Bla… | OcUK (overclockers.co.uk)

Be Quiet (they do quite a few with no window)
▷ be quiet! Silent Base 802 Midi Tower Case - B… | OcUK (overclockers.co.uk)

Just browse through the cases, there are quite a few good looking window less ones imo

Soldato
OP
Thanks - I do quite like the Phanteks one and it does looks stylish without being overstated. I have owned a couple of Be Quiet cases and you have reminded me they have both been good. In fact, one is in the loft unused, but I'll be getting someone to build my PC so won't be able to re-use it.

Soldato
Sorry to hijack the thread but I think I'm in the same boat as the OP...

I'm after changing out my Antec P280, which has been great but I'm looking for something current; USB 3.x/Type-C, dedicated SSD trays/holders etc., and ever so slightly more smaller/lighter.

1688808-l-a.jpg

I really don't want or need a side-windowed case, although I see they're a rarity in themselves these days, or need 3.5" or 5.25" front slots anymore - although 1x 5.25" might be handy? 240mm rad support is quite desirable too.

A case with a nice minimalist design would be lovely :p

Thoughts?

Associate
If your willing to change up components, ITX cases offer this in abundance. Some names:
  • Loque Ghost S1
  • NCASE M1
  • FormD T1
  • Meshilicous
  • Streamcom DA2
240mm AIO's will fit the NCASE M1 and Streamcom with ease. GPU's will fit too but not if they are overly large.

To make the switch, most people just need a new Corsair SFX PSU and a ITX mobo.

Associate
As above if you willing to change a few components you can grab a SSUPD Meshlicious. Tiny foot print, fantastic build quality and looks sleek on the desk imho

This is with the side panel off, does come with full mesh sides for incognito mode or can get glass sides for a little more show off.

Components wise I’ve got the following in it

Zotac Trinity 3090
Ryzen 9 5900x
Aorus B550i pro
32gb 3600mhz CL16 team group
Corsair SF750
NZXT Kraken Z63 AIO

NrJhnvA.jpg

Soldato
I know this is a vague question and it's all in the eye of the beholder - I'm considering a new PC but have no idea where to start when it comes to getting a case. The computer is going to be sitting in my office and I want the case to be high quality (so I don't mind spending a couple of hundred quid, but probably no more), but also to look like it's a decent product. That probably means no in-your-face RGB.

Can anyone recommend a product (ideally mid-sized and ideally with no upper cooling vents) that will house a full-sized GPU, and suitable AIO cooling for a decent CPU? I'd like the case to look like a quality item rather than a fashion statement of lights (not that I have anything against RGB or snazzy PC setups).

Suggestions appreciated.

EDIT - I'm not massively keen on side windows either.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/raij...showcase-yellow-tempered-glass-ca-04j-rt.html

If that transformed into Bumblebee that would be awesome.

Associate
If no window/RGB, I would go either Fractal Design (very solid, good soundproofing) or BeQuiet (again, very solid cases and good soundproofing, if opting for the solid panels).
For AIO, the best bet, no arguments, Arctic Freezer 2 either 360 or 280.
Quiet, strong performance and no RGB.

Back
Top Bottom