Wimbledon 2021

Caporegime
That Shapovalov service game at 3-3 highlighted why Djokovic will never be as popular as Federer or Nadal. He had no interest in hitting a single winner, just hit it straight back to Shapovalov and waited for him to hit a winner or make an error. So bloody boring to watch yet so effective when all the pressure's on his opponent to make a move first.

Soldato
That Shapovalov service game at 3-3 highlighted why Djokovic will never be as popular as Federer or Nadal. He had no interest in hitting a single winner, just hit it straight back to Shapovalov and waited for him to hit a winner or make an error. So bloody boring to watch yet so effective when all the pressure's on his opponent to make a move first.

That's politics - West vs East, not some weird philosophy ;)

Interesting takes, I'd say it more of his on and off court behaviour and generally being a knob. He also comes out with some really bizarre stuff i.e vaccines or the stuff with Chris Kermodo etc that a lot of people don't agree with.

Associate
The funny thing about Djokovic is that he’s utterly desperate to be loved, and it shows. As a result I think it contributes to people disliking him even more. That and his bonkers theories, the massively inconsiderate choices he made with the Adria tour etc.

Soldato
Just an ever growing list :D

Not sure what to make of the womens final. I can see either of them winning, slight edge towards Barty but should be a good match.

The early numbers for the mens final are in, line is 36.5. Suggesting it’s going to be a 7-6, 7-6, 6-4. It’s whether or not he can take that third set to 5-5. Having not been broken thus far in the tournament would be quite the feat to lose in the final without getting broken in the entire tournament. Think Roddick lost that final to Roger only losing his serve once in the final game.

Last edited:
Soldato
Very surprised to see Kate back in the Royal Box today when she’s supposed to be self-isolating.

Apparently it’s being reported that she has completed her isolation but this is frankly garbage as it’s 10 days and she was at Wimbledon only 8 days ago.

Yet again it’s different rules for politicians and royals than for the rest of us it seems and totally undermines the message.

Soldato
Very surprised to see Kate back in the Royal Box today when she’s supposed to be self-isolating.

Apparently it’s being reported that she has completed her isolation but this is frankly garbage as it’s 10 days and she was at Wimbledon only 8 days ago.

Yet again it’s different rules for politicians and royals than for the rest of us it seems and totally undermines the message.

The App tells you how long to isolate for depending on when the exposure was. It isnt always 10 days. It is 10 days from exposure.

Soldato
Thought and hoped Pliskova would give her a challenging match, but this is just a tennis masterclass from Barty.
Looks like Pliskova is calming down a little now and might have a moderate game on our hands. Though blindingly clear Barty will still win in my opinion.

Soldato
The App tells you how long to isolate for depending on when the exposure was. It isnt always 10 days. It is 10 days from exposure.

It’s still very fishy though as the reporting originally suggested the exposure was last Friday which is only 8 days ago and they’re also now not clarifying the exact dates.

It’s more about the appearance of impropriety than anything. If it looks like she’s flouting the rules, which it very much does, a lot of people will feel they don’t have to follow them either.

That said most people don’t seem to care about rules any more anyway. I was there yesterday and, despite the rules clearly stating you have to wear a mask in the grounds unless seated in a court or designated area, I estimate about half the people inside weren’t wearing one and that’s not an exaggeration.

Back
Top Bottom