Poll: UEFA Euro 2020 Final Italy v England ** spoilers ** [Sunday 11th July 2021]

Shall we lock this thread for the 90 minutes the game is on?

• Yes

Votes: 94 43.1%
  • No

Votes: 124 56.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Soldato
Looks like a 5 3 2 formation.

He's fiddling with the formation. Either tactically smart or our undoing

I don't get why we play Rice or Phillips over Henderson. I think Henderson has got more quality and experienced than those two.

And Mount instead of starting Grealish?

Anyway, come on England!

Soldato
Always raises an interesting question regarding sport, as a fan do people prioritise trophies and braggings rights, or nice football and drama? Of course, if you get both you've cracked it.

Trophies surely, in a year or so you won't remember details of the game but you will remember getting that trophy :)

Man of Honour
He was always going to go mega defensive, just hope it doesn't backfire.

I really hope we don't lose in a game where from around the 20th minute it is plain to everyone the tactics are a waste of time but Southgate still waits until the 87th minute to make changes... hopefully he'll surprise me.

Caporegime
If we do play 5 at the back, i hope we play two fast players on the Wings. Sterling and Sancho for me, but looks like Mount will play there.

I'll trust Southgate one last time, he's earned it. Would not surprise me if we have to bring subs on to change the game later though.

Soldato
I think it'll be 3-4-1-2. Two strikers trying to isolate Bonucci and Chiellini. Allow Italy to play in our half then exploit the space in behind the FB's. Its not defensive, its counter attacking, its a tactic to score, it shouldn't be seen as "defensive"
If it doesn't work and Italy are struggling to do anything with it in our half, Southgate can bring someone on in the 2nd half to change the dynamic

Soldato
Looking at the scenes in London with all the fans gathering since early afternoon and celebrating as if we have already won. I will be surprised if half them make it to kick off, lot of sore heads in the morning I think.:D

Soldato
If we do play 5 at the back, i hope we play two fast players on the Wings. Sterling and Sancho for me, but looks like Mount will play there.

I'll trust Southgate one last time, he's earned it. Would not surprise me if we have to bring subs on to change the game later though.

Trippier and Walker are the wing backs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom