Poll: UEFA Euro 2020 Final Italy v England ** spoilers ** [Sunday 11th July 2021]

Shall we lock this thread for the 90 minutes the game is on?

• Yes

Votes: 94 43.1%
  • No

Votes: 124 56.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Who cares? It's only booing not like you've got fans being attacked like in the 80s

Well given that this event is being broadcast worldwide it doesn't exactly set a great impression, it makes the English fans look like goons.

If you're a true football fan you can appreciate skill from either side, and not resort to childish antics.

Soldato
We're pressing them so high that it's killing their midfield, and their forwards aren't quick enough to consistently worry us in behind. They'll get a couple of chances but we've been really good

fez

fez

Caporegime
And frankly, if we win 1-0 I'm fine with that. This team and Southgate will have achieved more than any other England team for over half a century.

I wouldn’t be happy winning 1-0 if it’s at the expense of playing good football. We have such a wealth of attacking players that yes, I do think this setup is embarrassing. I think we can win without playing like we are always second best to every opposition.

Soldato
I wouldn’t be happy winning 1-0 if it’s at the expense of playing good football. We have such a wealth of attacking players that yes, I do think this setup is embarrassing. I think we can win without playing like we are always second best to every opposition.
But I come back to the fact that we're not playing like we're second best. We've scored a good goal and flashed one across their six yard box. They've had two long shots.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Sterling isn't being slagged off nearly enough to result in a comedy goal to make people look stupid

I’ll start. Sterling has been the same as every game in the tournament. Largely useless and breaks a lot of our attacks up by dribbling into trouble and not looking for a pass. He’s been vital with the goals he scored but overall he hasn’t been great in the moment to moment in games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom