Poll: UEFA Euro 2020 Final Italy v England ** spoilers ** [Sunday 11th July 2021]

Shall we lock this thread for the 90 minutes the game is on?

• Yes

Votes: 94 43.1%
  • No

Votes: 124 56.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Lol if you think Maguire and stones are better than chiellini and bonucci. Maybe at running into people and elbowing them in the face. Football then no chance.
Dunno what games you been watching but both stones and maguire have let in 2 goals this whole tournament and club level finished 1st and 2nd respectively with decent defence records…

Caporegime
What?

Chiesa ran rings around us for start, and I would have him over Sterling any day of the week.

There are many more Italian players I'd take over some in our England squad too.

A lot of rose tinted spectacles.

Dunno what games you been watching but both stones and maguire have let in 2 goals this whole tournament and club level finished 1st and 2nd respectively with decent defence records…

Was the best player in the league who is also a centre half not injured for the entire season though? Otherwise I'm sure Liverpool would have been up there.

City have ederson, laporte, fernandinho and co to thank not stones.

Take the rose tinted spectacles off.

You had the easiest run in possible at home. Who did you actually play against apart from Italy?

Soldato
How can you be honest when you do not watch club football? Player for player bar Donnarummer no one gets in the England starting eleven.

They are a brilliant team and managed better than England but not player for player. Unfortunately football is a team game and needs a decent manager to bring those players together tactically.

Everyone just got onto the hype train with Southgate and anyone who watches proper club football can see the glaring errors he made.

Ok well you stick to your on paper football theorycraft and fifa stats if it helps you cope.
Unless you watch all the Italian players week in and week out you have no more of a legitimate claim than I do to all this waffle.
This is a reason I don't really follow football too, so much opinion stated as fact and I catch myself doing it and feel a right cretin.
Only thing that matters is results, if it helps people cope by playing mental fantasy football you do you.

Soldato
The big oddball was not bringing on Henderson at HT (he should have started), then taking him off for pens... W T F.

As soon as they subbed imobile we should have made counter changes. They shifted formation, started looking more threatening. At that point it should have been. I see your Beradi and raise you a Grealish and a Sancho.

Soldato
There are happy humans and sad humans. To be honest, I'm happy for the happy ones and feel sad for the sad ones.

Don't really care about flags or language.

Decent match, high theatre.

not a decent match, but agree with the rest. It was a scrappy affair in some ways.

Caporegime
What?

Chiesa ran rings around us for start, and I would have him over Sterling any day of the week.

There are many more Italian players I'd take over some in our England squad too.

Yeah okay. Sterling was scoring 20-30 goals a season in the premier League at Chiesa's age who has barely got into double digits in Serie A.

We had Sancho on the bench who has one of the best goal and assists ratios in Europe over the past two season and he plays on the right but for some retarded reason we played Mason Mount instead. That is just one of the many retarded decisions he made. I could go on for hours!

Caporegime
Oh I didn't mean you specifically, it's a general theme I've noticed. Like Gary said in the studio, team of the tournament. Despite that some in here really can't accept it.
I'm not high on success, I expected to win, I just didn't expect Italy to make it so difficult.
Anyway, glad it's over, back to reality.

Ah I thought you were talking about me, I dint watch it anymore, but if Gary said they were the team of the tournament he’s got carried away there, I said before the tournament started I thought Italy would win it, they are class and Mancini has built a great squad, Gareth totally got it wrong, maybe the early goal was actually a curse who knows.

But yes, as you say back to reality now.

Associate
Feel really bad for Pickford... he would be an absolute hero if Southgate didn't concoct the most ridiculous list of penalty takers ever devised.

Soldato
Ok well you stick to your on paper football theorycraft and fifa stats if it helps you cope.
Unless you watch all the Italian players week in and week out you have no more of a legitimate claim than I do to all this waffle.
This is a reason I don't really follow football too, so much opinion stated as fact and I catch myself doing it and feel a right cretin.
Only thing that matters is results, if it helps people cope by playing mental fantasy football you do you.
Yea and statistically these English players have won a lot of big trophies, so saying this English side is pants is disrespectful

Soldato
Ah I thought you were talking about me, I dint watch it anymore, but if Gary said they were the team of the tournament he’s got carried away there, I said before the tournament started I thought Italy would win it, they are class and Mancini has built a great squad, Gareth totally got it wrong, maybe the early goal was actually a curse who knows.

But yes, as you say back to reality now.

All jokes aside, apart from the wind up I don't really care a huge amount. I'm just glad Italy won because if they didn't then I become the ambassador for I-tie football and get a load of abuse!

Yea and statistically these English players have won a lot of big trophies, so saying this English side is pants is disrespectful

I agree. However I didn't say that at any point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom