Time to dig out your older unopened pc games

Soldato
I've got a sealed copy of a game called Lord of the Jungle for the PS1 but unfortunately its not worth anything :o

Although i have been collecting ps1 games for a while and do have quite a few rare ones.

Worth around 2.5k when i last tallied them up a couple of years ago, prices have gone up since them.

Just see them as an investment at this point as will only go up, try to add to it when ever a good opportunity arises.

Soldato
I've never understood antiques, looks like old junk, but the idea of a sealed as new Super Nintendo or similar is cool.

I could see people paying good money for stuff kept in good condition.

V F

V F

Soldato
I've never understood antiques, looks like old junk, but the idea of a sealed as new Super Nintendo or similar is cool.

I could see people paying good money for stuff kept in good condition.

The boxes is always a huge markup for it. Especially if it's pristine.

Caporegime
PC game boxes used to be dope with fabric maps, metal coins, a coin pouch, high quality cards etc

even normal boxed copies of games were basically "collectors edition" in content originally , some had manuals as thick as a novel too

V F

V F

Soldato
PC game boxes used to be dope with fabric maps, metal coins, a coin pouch, high quality cards etc

even normal boxed copies of games were basically "collectors edition" in content originally , some had manuals as thick as a novel too

I remember that in the early to mid 00s. Always loved the smell opening a new PC game and reading the book while waiting on the discs installing. Which was usually 2 to 3 discs.

Though... I still love some of todays game collectors editions.

Soldato
Unfortunately im not sad and used to enjoy opening then playing all the games I purchased

I wonder how much a sealed boxed Mario Kart SNES game would bring if Mario 64 sold for $1.5 million!!??

Soldato
You have to take into account money/bribe laundering as well as rich and stupid factors. Like a certain president's son selling art paintings for the first time at $500,000 a pop.

Soldato
I remember that in the early to mid 00s. Always loved the smell opening a new PC game and reading the book while waiting on the discs installing. Which was usually 2 to 3 discs.

2-3 discs? you're an Amateur. Wing Commander II was about 21 3.5" floppies.

Armada was at least 12-18.

Ripper was 6 CDs.

Soldato
Yeah these don't normally sell for this sort of price. If you go on eBay and check some of the auctions there's a few near the 1 million dollar mark but they have never sold. I think the highest was around 250-350k, not that it's a small amount but numbers around 1 million and above have only happened with very very few games.

To get a sealed game graded around 9.5+ is also near impossible which drives up the demand even more.

Soldato
I sold a few big box pc games for about 40 quid, I thought that was a bit much :p

They were tatty though, nothing from my childhood stayed in pristine condition

Man of Honour
Yeah my stuff would be in terrible condition and obviously most old games aren't sealed as when I was younger I would only buy a few games and play them to death. Although in more recent years I have a few PS3/PS4 era games unopened like Last of Us etc. I can't imagine it will be worth anything any time soon though due to selling so many copies.

Soldato

Not like now where you don't even get a disc, just s code. I liked the old school big boxes and the proper manuals rather than a pdf on a website.

Associate
2-3 discs? you're an Amateur. Wing Commander II was about 21 3.5" floppies.

Armada was at least 12-18.

Ripper was 6 CDs.

Hah, what on earth!

Can that even be considered technology :p

Amazing how recent these collectors items are and have become.

When we start talking big boxes, posters and stickers we are getting closer to walking stick territory.

Back
Top Bottom