New Build (mostly) looking advice

Associate
Its been a while since I've built myself a new system so just running it by you smart people before i run it past the wife. I've got some DDR4 ram already on the way (32gb) and more hard drives then i really need already so these are missing from my basket, as is a graphics card as this will near double the overall price, but I've my eye on 6700 in the future. Current card is a 970 so all this might not even be worth it.

Any advice you guys have is welcome as are suggestions on replacments and graphics cards.
FYI PC will be used for gaming and some light programming (educational purposes), overclocking is not my intention as I have only dabbled before, and my budget is flexible, but £1500+ would be harder to convince my wife of the great benefits it would provide :p

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £936.52 (includes shipping: £14.70)​

Thanks in advance

Soldato
That looks like a decent build. You could jump to a 5800X for £300 if cores are your thing. Mine is doing OK with a Dark Rock slim cooler so I'd imagine you could keep the cooler you have listed there.

The 970 should last you until GPU prices ease if you're happy keeping your gaming settings down a little.

Any reason you picked that particular case? Search OCUK for "B Grade" and filter by cases, there were plenty of good deals on there the other day when I looked. That's if you want a B Grade item of course..

If your B550 Tomahawk is anything like my X570 Tomahawk you'll be fine.

I replaced the case fans on my Fractal Meshify with Noctua fans. It is sooooo quiet I love it.

Associate
OP
The case was a last minute add-on as I might have to get a system set-up for the kids in the next couple of years, so i didn't put much more thought into it other than i like the Lian-Li case I have now and I'm slowly being drawn towards RGB things.
Thanks for the input, the 5800X is a good idea, will add that in over the 5600X and will scan through the "B" grade cases (didn't even occur to me that i could) and see where i land

Soldato
Soldato
The building part is fun. The initial setup and BIOS flash can be a little nervy but when you're all set and logged in it's big grin time :D

Back
Top Bottom