Poll: British Grand Prix 2021, Silverstone - Race 10/23

Rate the 2021 British Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man of Honour
T7aWtpr.png
Silverstone
When was the track built?
Little did those laying the perimeter road to the RAF Silverstone airfield in 1942 know that they were setting down what would become one of the world’s greatest race tracks. But, well, they were! The Silverstone circuit was first used for a proper motor race in 1947 – although sadly, a local sheep lost its life during the proceedings…

When was its first Grand Prix?
Silverstone was the first Grand Prix, hosting the inaugural Formula 1 World Championship round on May 13 1950. Old campaigner Giuseppe Farina, who’d take that year’s title, won the race in his Alfa Romeo 158.

What’s the circuit like?
At the 2018 British Grand Prix, Lewis Hamilton compared a flat-out lap around Silverstone to flying a fighter jet, which should tell you all you need to know about the Northamptonshire circuit. Despite numerous layout changes over the years, Silverstone has always maintained its essential character as one of the fastest tracks on the F1 calendar, while historic corners like Maggotts, Becketts and Abbey provide some of the biggest challenges for racing drivers anywhere in the world.

TV Times
Sky:
Sm50aRs.png

C4:
Fri - FP1 2.10pm
- Quali 5pm
Sat - FP2 11.45am
- Sprint 3.45pm
Sun - Race 1.30pm

Track Diagram & Information
EUVB7L4.png

Weather Forecast
DmuPolA.png

2020 Race highlights

WDC Standings
WmzsxDz.png

Constructors' Championship Standings
qwhPc67.png

Practice 1
H3Rn6gg.png

Qualifying
FbLIeq9.png

Practice 2
7MoWrcx.png

Sprint
khRopat.png

Race
gUBMh5h.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Cheers Shimmy.

It's typical, I've been waiting weeks for a wet race. I thought if anywhere's going to give us one it'll be the British GP weekend, as the weather has largely been dreadful since May. So of course the weekend the GP turns up we get a heat wave.

Soldato
Thanks, Shimmy.

Not sure about the sprint format I'm but willing to give it a chance. It will be interesting to see how the additional points affect the WDC.

Here's hoping that the upgrades Merc are rumoured to be bringing make them a bit more competitive next to the Red Bull.

Man of Honour
I'm surprised i've not seen more in the media about the new sprint race format this weekend,
i'd have thought various Youtube uploaders would have been all over this with their thoughts and expectations but they all seem silent on the matter :confused:

Soldato
Chain Bear did a half decent video a couple of months back that's worth a watch for anyone unsure what to expect from the sprint race idea

Soldato
My first time going to a gp, can't wait.
Camping at circuit all weekend......any advice from anyone thats done it?

* Take clothes for all ranges of weather. I spent most of my time in Wellies, shorts and a jacket. :D (Water proof stuff/a decent umbrella is also a good shout)
* Food in there is expensive so have a good stock at your campsite and get a decent coolbox(s)
* Walk the track on one of your first days so you can pick out the good areas to see some action/get some photos
* Get to the track as early as you can on race/quali days (not sure how this is affected with this weekends sprint races
* The showers weren't great but were better than nothing so i'd get some tokens for those. Also, they used to start when you put the token in so get undressed before you do so otherwise you'll be having a speed shower :D )

That's all i can remember right now. :) I'm sure others will be along with their pearls of wisdom though.

Associate
* Take clothes for all ranges of weather. I spent most of my time in Wellies, shorts and a jacket. :D (Water proof stuff/a decent umbrella is also a good shout)
* Food in there is expensive so have a good stock at your campsite and get a decent coolbox(s)
* Walk the track on one of your first days so you can pick out the good areas to see some action/get some photos
* Get to the track as early as you can on race/quali days (not sure how this is affected with this weekends sprint races
* The showers weren't great but were better than nothing so i'd get some tokens for those. Also, they used to start when you put the token in so get undressed before you do so otherwise you'll be having a speed shower :D )

That's all i can remember right now. :) I'm sure others will be along with their pearls of wisdom though.

Thanks very much, much appreciated.
Can I buy ice there? Bit worried about warm beers/food, looking to be scorching this weekend.

Last edited:
Soldato
Really not feeling this whole sprint race thing. Feel like it will undermine the main Sunday race somewhat. Will give it a chance but I'm not very optimistic about it.
I don't see it as undermining Sunday, it's more hype/buildup for Sunday. I'm a bit concerned about accidents and cars picking up damage that can't be fixed overnight though - no spare cars these days! Wonder if the team's see this as a risk.

Associate
I don't see it as undermining Sunday, it's more hype/buildup for Sunday. I'm a bit concerned about accidents and cars picking up damage that can't be fixed overnight though - no spare cars these days! Wonder if the team's see this as a risk.

Thanks Shimmy. Personally, as a traditionalist, far from convinced. It could swing a championship, also seems to go against cost cuttings and be an expensive weekend. Happily be proved wrong, but to be honest, people bemoaned that Lewis had no challenge last year, this year its Max!

As an aside, I have not been to an F1 race since 2001 and amazed at how late the main events take place nowadays, its a lot of time to kill before a race. When leaving the circuit, used to get home at around midnight and that was when the race started at 1:00pm!

Soldato
Thanks very much, much appreciated.
Can I buy ice there? Bit worried about warm beers/food, looking to be scorching this weekend.

The last time i went i don't remember anywhere having ice on site. (This was 2014 though...) I've also remembered airbed, pillow and power bank. Although if you have a pitch that you can park your car on that can solve charging issues to an extent.

Associate
The last time i went i don't remember anywhere having ice on site. (This was 2014 though...) I've also remembered airbed, pillow and power bank. Although if you have a pitch that you can park your car on that can solve charging issues to an extent.

yeh ive booked a charging locker and bought a few power banks so i should be sorted for power, think ive seriously over packed but better that way i guess.
The ice situation does concern me tho.

Last edited:
Soldato
yeh ive booked a charging locker and bought a few power banks so i should be sorted for power, think ive seriously over packed but better that way i guess.
The ice situation does concern me tho.

Obviously you can leave the place to go and get some offsite but i don't know how easy it is to get back in to your pitch. We only managed it once and it was such a ball ache we didnt try it again until the day we left.

Back
Top Bottom