Poll: UEFA Euro 2020 Final Italy v England ** spoilers ** [Sunday 11th July 2021]

Shall we lock this thread for the 90 minutes the game is on?

• Yes

Votes: 94 43.1%
  • No

Votes: 124 56.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
https://sport.sky.it/calcio/europei/2021/07/10/inghilterra-multa-uefa-schmeichel-laser
https://translate.google.com/transl...07/10/inghilterra-multa-uefa-schmeichel-laser

Before speaking, think about what you did to Denmark ... penalty invented after Sterling's dive, usual chants against the anthem ... in short, you didn't make a good impression

P.S.
Two balls on the pitch with Denmark in the penalty action ...
ahhahah

I think thats where "Footballs diving home" headline came from but I forget which paper.
I don't think it's fair to blame the fans though, the team can't control their actions.

Soldato
Quite right, Kane falls clutching his face in the box, rolling about, while at the same time Grealish gets shot outside the box, rolling about, England get possesion, both get back up and run into position, but nothing mentioned, thats ok coz it's England, but if it was Spain or Italy...

not only that but Kane also engages in some outright dangerous cheating.

https://www.sportbible.com/football...anes-controversial-backing-in-tactic-20210129

As a Spurs fan (for my sins) I think what he does is actually disgraceful as it could end up injuring someone quite badly. Refs should be more alert to this sort of cheating and VAR should 100% be keeping an eye on him in deadball situations in the box. If he gets caught doing this he should get a red card for dangerous play.

Man of Honour
This whole racism thing seems to have developed into a big blaming exercise, where everyone is just using it to have a pop at the government. Find it quite bizarre.
Yeah this is the point I'm making, after every tournament loss people look for a 'scapegoat', usually it's confined to people involved in the sport but not this time.

@BaZ87 I'm wondering if it's worth spinning off a separate thread for the 'racism' discussion to split it out from the football postmortem?

Soldato
"tactical fouling" is cheating. Pulling the back of someone's shirt so it chokes them is a red card.

It's called a foul, England never pulled a shirt or it just wasn't as visible?

Stones was sprawled out on top forcibly stopping Chielinni from getting up waiting for a 3 tap WWF style from Cheilinni at the goal, wouldn't get off him, would've been a penalty if it wasn't a goal.

What game have you watched that one team 'cheats' and the other team doesn't?

Sour sour grapes when crying about a proffesional foul is all you got.

Soldato
https://sport.sky.it/calcio/europei/2021/07/10/inghilterra-multa-uefa-schmeichel-laser
https://translate.google.com/transl...07/10/inghilterra-multa-uefa-schmeichel-laser

Before speaking, think about what you did to Denmark ... penalty invented after Sterling's dive, usual chants against the anthem ... in short, you didn't make a good impression

P.S.
Two balls on the pitch with Denmark in the penalty action ...
ahhahah

see, this is completely nonsense, why is that still being brought up by salty Europeans?

The ball didn't interfere with play. So it doesn't matter. Sterling was contacted not once but twice. In the knee and the hip, by two different players and in such a way that he was going nowhere other than down. Why are you even trying to pretend that should be anything other than a penalty in the box?

Soldato
Yes, I was right, you are clearly being obtuse. People level all sorts at England fans and rightly so in some cases. You are evidence that fans all around the world can be the same.
The difference being as a supporter of the champs, I can now have an element of aroggance.

Everything coming out of England is aroggance when winning nothing, so not having that, there is no articles anywhere of Italy being arrogant, they never thought they were winning it, only a chance of doind decent.

That is a stark difference.

Soldato
see, this is completely nonsense, why is that still being brought up by salty Europeans?

The ball didn't interfere with play. So it doesn't matter. Sterling was contacted not once but twice. In the knee and the hip, by two different players and in such a way that he was going nowhere other than down. Why are you even trying to pretend that should be anything other than a penalty in the box?

Coz it wouldn't be up for discussion if Denmark got that kind of penalty and nocked England out?

Associate
The difference being as a supporter of the champs, I can now have an element of aroggance.

Everything coming out of England is aroggance when winning nothing, so not having that, there is no articles anywhere of Italy being arrogant, they never thought they were winning it, only a chance of doind decent.

but what Penalty ?
Sterling is a repeat offender always dives
you have a short memory
https://www.news24.com/sport/Soccer...es-apology-after-fake-penalty-in-ucl-20181108

Associate

Where have I been arrogant? Please post any comment? I mainly watch rugby, have an interest in football as I used to love the game, but the game I fell in love with isn't recognisable by today's standards. You sum up all that is wrong with football and it's fans though:
I can now have an element of aroggance
. Be magnanimous in victory and dignified in defeat. I said right from the start that Italy fully deserved to win the final, far better team on the night. Yet you seem totally ignorant to the fact that Italy could have been beaten.

I won't say anymore on the subject now as you are not obviously interested in a sensible discussion, all the best.

Soldato
"tactical fouling" is cheating. Pulling the back of someone's shirt so it chokes them is a red card.

Stop this is getting more funny every time I hear it. It's a foul, nothing more, nothing less...he got booked, its called taking one for the team.

I must ask though, do you even play football? Have you ever played football?

Soldato
Stop this is getting more funny every time I hear it. It's a foul, nothing more, nothing less...he got booked, its called taking one for the team.

Yes and yes i still do. Was it dangerous? Yes therefore red. Simple as that.

Associate

I agree with you....
Tactical foul by Chiellini, yellow card.
The rest is chatter

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Stones was sprawled out on top forcibly stopping Chielinni from getting up waiting for a 3 tap WWF style from Cheilinni at the goal, wouldn't get off him, would've been a penalty if it wasn't a goal.

Absolutely not. Italy probably should have had a penalty, but that wasn’t it. He doesn’t hold him down at all?!

I get ‘professional’ fouls are yellow cards, but the foul on Saka was violent. It’s not being a sore loser, I doubt we would have come up with a goal in time against 10men and the better team won on the night.

Maybe a rugby type system is required, I’m not sure.

Soldato
Where have I been arrogant? Please post any comment? I mainly watch rugby, have an interest in football as I used to love the game, but the game I fell in love with isn't recognisable by today's standards. You sum up all that is wrong with football and it's fans though: . Be magnanimous in victory and dignified in defeat. I said right from the start that Italy fully deserved to win the final, far better team on the night. Yet you seem totally ignorant to the fact that Italy could have been beaten.

I won't say anymore on the subject now as you are not obviously interested in a sensible discussion, all the best.

Any team can be beaten, but listening to almost a nation(not you), year in year out at any fottballing event, that 'we are going to win it', gets a bit grating.
Absolutely not. Italy probably should have had a penalty, but that wasn’t it. He doesn’t hold him down at all?!

I get ‘professional’ fouls are yellow cards, but the foul on Saka was violent. It’s not being a sore loser, I doubt we would have come up with a goal in time against 10men and the better team won on the night.

He's lying on top of him stopping him getting up, a violent shirt pull though, I'm laughing

Soldato
Yes and yes i still do. Was it dangerous? Yes therefore red. Simple as that.

I feel you clearly don't if you think its a red. I would be in serious trouble in your league if so.

Its a shirt pull to stop him running off, he did his job. Do you think he went "im going to strangle this guy" :cry:

It was that much of a red, it hasn't even made the highlight reels. Either has the hand ball in the build up by Saka, but that isn't discussed :p;)

Its a shirt pull - maybe Rice should be sent off as well for trying to trip Chiesa? He just chose not to pull him back and let him get a shot off. Given the game time, probably a wise decision.

Soldato
I feel you clearly don't if you think its a red. I would be in serious trouble in your league if so.

Its a shirt pull to stop him running off, he did his job. Do you think he went "im going to strangle this guy" :cry:

It was that much of a red, it hasn't even made the highlight reels. Either has the hand ball in the build up by Saka, but that isn't discussed :p;)

He's shirt pulling around his neck mate with enough force to pull him straight back....that isnt the same as on your arm is it. Its dangerous play, simple as that.

Soldato
He's shirt pulling around his neck mate with enough force to pull him straight back....that isnt the same as on your arm is it. Its dangerous play, simple as that.

I've even "fallen" on players before, pulled their shorts down, you name it - if its a shirt I can grab, so be it. Lets not start on the kicking out at people, or running into their legs...it is what it is. On the halfway line, with players sort of behind/inline, its not a red - even if it did go to VAR.

That said, I have found some of the "I'm happy we didn't win like this" very amusing :D

Associate
The shirt pull was never a red card, simple tactical foul. If I was an England player in the same situation I would have done the same thing.

I do think the Jorginho stamp on Grealish was a red card though by todays standards. Over the top of the ball, studs on knee/thigh. That is dangerous, out of control, play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom