Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Sho

Sho

Soldato
My virgin media line went down at about 9pm last night, and their ETA to fix it is 10am tomorrow!?!

Seems a bit mad that. Hope they discount a day or so off our bill

Yup same as me, mines went down at 10pm last night, and fix is for 10am tomorrow morning?
Not impressed :mad: Hopefully get discount/compensated on bill.

Soldato
Yup same as me, mines went down at 10pm last night, and fix is for 10am tomorrow morning?
Not impressed :mad: Hopefully get discount/compensated on bill.

Didn’t parts of London and other areas have severe flooding at that point? I mean I am all in favour of a reliable service, but I can imagine a few feet of water in the wrong place ending quite badly.

Sho

Sho

Soldato
Didn’t parts of London and other areas have severe flooding at that point? I mean I am all in favour of a reliable service, but I can imagine a few feet of water in the wrong place ending quite badly.
Yes there were some floodings.

But apparently it's not only Virgin media that's down. Some Sky customers have been effected too.

Soldato
Finally got mine ordered the other day and arranged for kit delivery on the 30th. Annoyingly I ordered when there was a £35 setup fee and of course as of the very next morning there’s now no setup fee.

Anyway, mild shafting aside, I was interested to see that I’m apparently being sent a hub 4 despite only ordering 500Mb and not being in a Gig1 area. Time will tell to see if that’s what I’ll really get.

Soldato
Finally got mine ordered the other day and arranged for kit delivery on the 30th. Annoyingly I ordered when there was a £35 setup fee and of course as of the very next morning there’s now no setup fee.

Anyway, mild shafting aside, I was interested to see that I’m apparently being sent a hub 4 despite only ordering 500Mb and not being in a Gig1 area. Time will tell to see if that’s what I’ll really get.

Unless you went through Quidco, give them a call and have the charge removed, if you went through Quidco let the order complete and then request the charge is removed. In fairness, everywhere is supposed to be DOCSIS 3.1/Gig1 capable by the end of this year, and historically they used to have a change freeze for Dec/Jan as per of the (unofficially termed) DFU policy, so assuming they now have the stock availability, it makes sense.

Soldato

I went with the 350M package and they sent me a SH4 about 2 months back, hitting 400mb+ on downloads so happy with that

Man of Honour
My VM 100mbit price had gradually crept up as various small discounts had dropped off. As I'm out of contract I phoned them up and got offered 100mbit for £27 or 200mbit for £30 (for 18 months) so was no brainer to go for the upgrade, which will be handy for working from home with the extra upload. I've generally paid £29-32 for 100mbit with them but current month would have been £37 then £39 in a few months time.

Associate
I've cancelled with VM and signed up with my partner as a new customer for a much better deal/package.

My end date is tomorrow and I've an engineer turning up Tuesday for the new install, hub 4, second box etc

When do VM usually cut off a service? I've assumed I'll be without internet etc for a day worst case..

Any experiences?

Soldato
I've cancelled with VM and signed up with my partner as a new customer for a much better deal/package.

My end date is tomorrow and I've an engineer turning up Tuesday for the new install, hub 4, second box etc

When do VM usually cut off a service? I've assumed I'll be without internet etc for a day worst case..

Any experiences?
If your end date is the 26th then it should be cut off at 12.01am at the very start of the 26th, so you probably won't have any internet for the whole of the 26th onwards. This was my experience.

Associate
If your end date is the 26th then it should be cut off at 12.01am at the very start of the 26th, so you probably won't have any internet for the whole of the 26th onwards. This was my experience.

Last contracted day was yesterday the 25th, it's off this morning so you're right, it would have gone off last night at 12.01.

Work from home on hotspot devices it is!

Looking forward to 600Mbps, shame 1Gig isn't available in my area at this time.

Back
Top Bottom