• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Any news on the GPU rip off price change?

Associate
Currently running 1440p on three monitors for sim racing without any major issues, which shows how good the cards actually are.... Would like more detail and a frame rate above 70-90 FPS in some games though....

@ £1399 it's a bit more than when they first came out, but appears that's what Nvidia are now charging.

£1399 is the original price I paid back in early October.

Soldato
This has been debunked so many times. Yes, there are some online retailers advertising at lower prices, but with no stock. The last alert I got for a 3080 in stock was 2 weeks ago, and gone instantly (it’s not a card I’m looking for though). Best I see today is £950 for an ASUS 6800. Not seeing any 3080s

Finding adverts at a given price with zero stock says nothing. Only if successfully bought at a given price can it be considered real. Otherwise it’s just another example of fake pricing.

When I was getting stock alerts they were landing at those prices yes, not the "£1000+" prices that OCUK were listing, so no it's not debunked at all, major retailers are selling well below £1000 when they get stock, which is also more often than OCUK.

Associate
When I was getting stock alerts they were landing at those prices yes, not the "£1000+" prices that OCUK were listing, so no it's not debunked at all, major retailers are selling well below £1000 when they get stock, which is also more often than OCUK.
You bought an AIB 6800 or 3080 at ‘well below £1,000’? Then I congratulate you, as there are so many retailers listing prices, but not in stock so can’t be ordered (or gone in seconds if not stupidly priced).

I see in stock 3070s at £800, 3080 at £950-1,000. The only places I see with lower prices advertised for AIBs are out of stock, and have been for months.

I concede that some people may be tracking down good prices that we don’t all notice, but stand by the comment that unless a card was bought at the price, there is no proof that the card was really available at that price. I’ve been looking for a card that meets my needs for about 3 months now, and I’ve seen nothing at a price I’m willing to pay. I’m looking for something better than a 3080 or 6800, and willing to pay £1,000 or a little bit more but I’ve seen nothing for weeks, and the one opportunity that did come up a month or soon ago was gone before I could place an order.

Associate
I do think we're at quite a strange stage in the process where prices are starting to come down, but not evenly across the board. So you have prices all over the place.

3070s been sitting on shelves for a few weeks at £900ish pounds while other 3070s are dropping in closer to £800. Occasional overlaps. At one point saw 3070 ti on sale for the same price as a 3070.

But all boils down to the same thing. Patience, the longer you can hold off on buying something the better off you'll be.

Soldato
there is no proof that the card was really available at that price
Set up stock alerts, yes funnily enough good priced cards go quickly, not sure why you seem so surprised by that, but stock alerts should be all the proof you need that they are coming up for sale at those prices and that therefore the price gouging is also being done at the big retailers like ocuk, its not just down to the AIB's themselves

Last edited:
Associate
I do think we're at quite a strange stage in the process where prices are starting to come down, but not evenly across the board. So you have prices all over the place.

3070s been sitting on shelves for a few weeks at £900ish pounds while other 3070s are dropping in closer to £800. Occasional overlaps. At one point saw 3070 ti on sale for the same price as a 3070.

But all boils down to the same thing. Patience, the longer you can hold off on buying something the better off you'll be.

Agree. I want a 3060ti but cheapest I've seen is £750. You can get a 3070ti for just a little bit more.

Soldato
Saw a bundle offer - 3070 Ti with 1TB NVMe SSD for £678.
Of course it was snapped up quickly but retail prices dropping this low is a really good sign.

Associate
I saw a retailer yesterday selling AIB 3070ti's for £50 less than their 3070s (still way over msrp though). Also saw a 3080 for £999 (still too much)

Soldato
Quite clearly the price differences aren't relative to the performance of the cards, to the annoyance of consumers. That has been amplified by the current situation.

Back
Top Bottom