***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

Soldato
Ok, Try going online via Invite only session, see how long that takes. There is no matchmaking so it just loads up the map.

Then test loading up into an open session. If there is a massive difference in time then it is due to the matchmaking side of the server and there is little you will be able to do.

There have been times over the past few weeks that the time taken to get into online open sessions has seemed to have taken longer than normal.

Soldato
I just checked my load time... 2 mins 32 seconds, that's loading straight into online from Steam

Yeah, that is pretty rubbish. Rather than loading online first, load into story mode and then load online from there. It has always been the case that to get online it is quick from story mode than direct into online.

Soldato
OK just did a test opening from steam into Online 2:29
Opening into single player then online after a reboot 2:08

So looking at your load times they are the same for me when launching Online from steam.

So yeah, it is still the case that loading into single-player and then online is quicker

Man of Honour
Yeah, that is pretty rubbish. Rather than loading online first, load into story mode and then load online from there. It has always been the case that to get online it is quick from story mode than direct into online.

2 mins 32 secs is a blessing after spending years with it taking ~6 minutes+ before the update :)
i suspect @watercooledman is still suffering with ~6 min load times

Soldato
2 mins 32 secs is a blessing after spending years with it taking ~6 minutes+ before the update :)
i suspect @watercooledman is still suffering with ~6 min load times

I never had to wait that long LOL

If it was hanging I just suspend the process and get into a solo session.

However, I have just had to crash out after getting stuck loading online. So who knows. But two mins is about right for me since the fix.

However, as I mostly stay in invite that take 1:45 :)

Man of Honour
So, new DLC tomorrow, i have lots of money waiting to be spent :)

I've done the extra bits to unlock some custom clothing, the LS Customs tour jacket looks pretty sweet,

Info here on what you can unlock and how to do it...

I think some of the rewards can only be claimed if you play between now and the DLC launch tomorrow so it's worth checking out...

Soldato
Well, it looks like Take two have pulled the trigger to Kill off the PC version.
It appears they have Killed FiveM. Again.

Seeing that is the only way GTARP can work, that will be all of the Twitch traffic gone.
Currently, GTA is the most streamed game on twitch and second only to Just Talking. It is a huge FU to the PC community and Twitch. I think it is a bold move by them to take it down given the game is on its last legs and streamers love RP.

It seems that PC has also been dropped from the EE release in November. It has not been mentioned since the very first press release, since then they have not included PC in any information regards the EE release.

I hope this will all blow over and something will be done.

Edit.

Tweets have been removed and there is a chance the account have been hacked....

Edit:
Yep seems to be a hack as someone on Discord has spoken to the Devs

Last edited:
Soldato
So, new DLC tomorrow, i have lots of money waiting to be spent :)

I've done the extra bits to unlock some custom clothing, the LS Customs tour jacket looks pretty sweet,

Info here on what you can unlock and how to do it...

I think some of the rewards can only be claimed if you play between now and the DLC launch tomorrow so it's worth checking out...

I did 2 of the tasks the other day but no matter how often I ask nobody seems interested in the Impromptu race

edit: Literally soon as I post that 2 randoms in my session want to do it lol

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Literally soon as I post that 2 randoms in my session want to do it lol

Ha, pretty much same here, i was on for a while at lunch time and no one would join, tried a few different lobby's but no joy and so i /quit,
then tried an hour later and someone agreed, so i should have that sweet LS Customs tour jacket in a few days :)

I'm not 100% sure if we just get the jacket for free, meaning others can still get it at a later date but have to pay for it...
or whether it's only available to us that have done the race,
but from the wording i think it's only going to be available to those that have done the race prior to launch tomorrow morning

Soldato
I'm not 100% sure if we just get the jacket for free, meaning others can still get it at a later date but have to pay for it...
or whether it's only available to us that have done the race,
but from the wording i think it's only going to be available to those that have done the race prior to launch tomorrow morning

Yeah it wasn't totally clear to me but thinking of past pre-events they had an end date like this one.

Soldato
I really am not feeling this DLC and I don't think there will be anything in it for me.
I pretty much only do heists and racing has never been a massive thing.
I will see when it drops in a bit as there might be a decent new vehicle.

Soldato
I really am not feeling this DLC and I don't think there will be anything in it for me.
I pretty much only do heists and racing has never been a massive thing.
I will see when it drops in a bit as there might be a decent new vehicle.

I'm not into the races either since it's more about ramming each other off the track, but I'm looking forward to this DLC. It has a number of things to do besides just racing and car meets.

Back
Top Bottom