Poll: British Grand Prix 2021, Silverstone - Race 10/23

Rate the 2021 British Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Exactly. And I think they extend the timer in the evening as well. In the morning it’s awful, like three minutes. Even I can’t rub one out, wash my hair and body and brush my teeth in that time!

:cry::cry::cry: Yup, still remember my first shower there.. //Puts token in whilst fully clothed// Wtf?!? the shower count down has started!

Caporegime
Have to say I'm not sure about the sprint race. It might well be carnage or It might be a procession. Probably a procession as qualifying will still sort out the grid.

One thing I do think is it will make the race more boring as its likely to get cars more into thier natural positions.
At least quali+race you have some cars out of position.

I will absolutely not be watching live. Because.. The weather is beautiful. As I watch highlights I wonder if this race will seem. More boring having to watch the whole thing

Commissario
* Food in there is expensive so have a good stock at your campsite and get a decent coolbox(s)
I've done it a couple of times and the first time, we tried this.

Honest opinion, it's not worth it! Accept you're going to be spending a lot of money on food and just budget accordingly. Grabbing something out of the coolbox that's warm and sweaty isn't fun. It's just far less effort to buy food.

Soldato
My son and I are going on the Saturday so looking forward to the sprint race. My only real concern is getting out at the end of the day as I'm sure there will be many thousands of people all leaving the car parks at the same time. I have a 2-3 hour drive after so will be a long day for my son. Is it going to be carnage like I expect it to be?

Soldato
My son and I are going on the Saturday so looking forward to the sprint race. My only real concern is getting out at the end of the day as I'm sure there will be many thousands of people all leaving the car parks at the same time. I have a 2-3 hour drive after so will be a long day for my son. Is it going to be carnage like I expect it to be?

The only thing i can say is try and park closer to the entrance/exit as then you should be one of the first to be able to get out. I also vaguely remember they have a decent system with the surrounding roads in that they manage the traffic quite well getting away from the venue.

Caporegime
I've done it a couple of times and the first time, we tried this.

Honest opinion, it's not worth it! Accept you're going to be spending a lot of money on food and just budget accordingly. Grabbing something out of the coolbox that's warm and sweaty isn't fun. It's just far less effort to buy food.
Although it was four years ago I went I found the food, for an event anyway, wasn’t that badly priced. Sure it wasn’t cheap, but I didn’t think it massively expensive either. I’d certainly seen more expensive items at concerts and theme parks.

Caporegime
The only thing i can say is try and park closer to the entrance/exit as then you should be one of the first to be able to get out. I also vaguely remember they have a decent system with the surrounding roads in that they manage the traffic quite well getting away from the venue.
The one thing the government actually spent money on was the surrounding roads. They close some of the roads and implement a one way system so you can have four lanes coming in and then after the race four lanes going out. It usually works.

Soldato
It'll be carnage

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Weather looks set to be a warm one. Another podium for Norris and points for Russell would be sweet this weekend. I think the sprint race will hurt Williams though to be honest.

Hopefully Bottas beats Lewis to make up for last year, he usually goes well at Silverstone IIRC

Soldato
I'd be really interested to know how they've handled the covid situation.

Have you had to provide any evidence of vaccinations or take a test on arrival at the circuit?

Are masks compulsory in any area?

You need to have completed a PCR test and uploaded it to the NHS website 48 hours before. Which reminds me I need to do mine now :)

Associate
The one thing the government actually spent money on was the surrounding roads. They close some of the roads and implement a one way system so you can have four lanes coming in and then after the race four lanes going out. It usually works.

I went before they did all the A34 improvements.. was not fun getting in or out.. Should be MUCh better nowadays but obviously busy

Man of Honour
Wait, so they qualify for the ‘sprint race’? Just sounds gimmicky. Shame they’re using Silverstone to trial it. It does seem like F1 is being more and more tailored for an audience that isn’t me.

Back
Top Bottom