*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Associate
Seen a tweet today from a leaker on the subject of the tornados, apparently they're repetitive and crap.

https://charlieintel.com/leaker-cla...nd-ruin-the-classic-bf-experience/114383/?amp

Always someone that think they matter in their criticism.
All fps games are repetitive, shot, die, respawn.
At least BF have destruction vs other so called e-sport boring games that are very boring, small maps and repetitive like no end.
streamers shouldn't speak about stuff.

BF2042 looks like the best BF game as far the last 20 years

Man of Honour
The main problem with the article is that its all so vague on details, he says "early feedback" he has heard, which means what exactly. How early was the feedback, how common was that feedback, was it a widespread or significant number of people or was it just the early feedback from a single individual. I read that a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who said the tornados are crap is almost a my brothers girlfriends sisters best friends cousin said scenario.

I mean it could end up being accurate but its so vague on the details of when, how many people said it and why, that its not really worth basing too much off of it at this stage.

Caporegime
Always someone that think they matter in their criticism.
All fps games are repetitive, shot, die, respawn.
At least BF have destruction vs other so called e-sport boring games that are very boring, small maps and repetitive like no end.
streamers shouldn't speak about stuff.

BF2042 looks like the best BF game as far the last 20 years

Repitition is inherent in all games, but dice have been guilty in the past of doing an apple and putting form before function.

Siege of shanghai being a sterling example, they showed that skyscraper falling in media posts for months before the game came out, and the big irony was the map played better if it remained standing. It was cute to see ingame a time or 2 but it was a single animation and got old fast. The map also seemed to have an fps hit when the building came down.

Stuff like weather effects in bf1 could also be irritating, the sandstorm that took place on certain maps got annoying and ground the gameplay to a halt, people usually want into camp mode and vehicles took shelter to wait it out.

The tornado does sound interesting given it can suck in infantry and vehicles and toss them around the map, remains to be seen if it's something that happens too frequently as to be annoying or not.

Caporegime
The main problem with the article is that its all so vague on details, he says "early feedback" he has heard, which means what exactly. How early was the feedback, how common was that feedback, was it a widespread or significant number of people or was it just the early feedback from a single individual. I read that a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who said the tornados are crap is almost a my brothers girlfriends sisters best friends cousin said scenario.

I mean it could end up being accurate but its so vague on the details of when, how many people said it and why, that its not really worth basing too much off of it at this stage.

True, just hope it's not like as mentioned above another siege of shanghai situation that makes the map irritating to play on.

Soldato
just wait for open beta then we will see not guessing just gonna wait and play. then judge. :D

This, all I want is a much more in depth weapon system with a LOT more weapons than the recent BF's and to go back to the amount of BF3/4. As for the tornado's, has it been confirmed if we can get private servers? If so, it would be nice joining servers that have disabled the tornado's if they are annoying.

Associate
Curses
My main problem with BF4 was that it was more chaotic than BF3 due to more vehicles and items. Not possible to have anything resembling strategy when everyone is all over the place and spawing behind you.
Thats why majority of time played in BF4 for me was gunplay mode (CQB progressing from pistols to bigger guns) and no vehicles servers.

2042 looks to be dialing it to 11. Or 111.
Plus all different game modes make it look like devs themselves don't have any idea on how it should be played. They were much more focused in BC2 and BF3.
Now its "lets make maps huuge" and "lets add stuff randomly exploding and messing with players". In addition to all the vehicles with infinite ammo/spawns everywhere.

Not even thinking of buying it until open beta.

Soldato
Recent track record suggests probably not, im going in with very low expectations in the hope I'm pleasantly surprised.
Same here. I want a new shooter and I hope it's great, but I'm not super excited and won't be unless I see some good feedback after release

Soldato
Same here. I want a new shooter and I hope it's great, but I'm not super excited and won't be unless I see some good feedback after release

Hmmmm, seeing as the source code has already been dropped on line and pro gamers are getting caught cheating making - it the new norm - this game will be a hacker fest from the start.

Back
Top Bottom