• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Any news on the GPU rip off price change?

Permabanned
Explain please..

Well because they have been paying £750 plus for PS5s (msrp £350), paying £1500 for 3080s (msrp £650 to £850), paying £1,000 for 3070s (msrp around £450), paying £2,500 for 3090s, buying stupid bundles with GPUs for £1,500 plus just to get a GPU, and all this has been done regularly for months!

So I'm not surprised of an incoming price increase and they would well deserve the price increase for Next Gen Tech .

Just the people who didn't get involved with this may unfairly have to pay out because of it :(. People who waited for a card unbelievable-patiently since release day and others as well. Let's hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Soldato
Explain please..

People vote with their wallet. I'm sure you've heard that phrase mentioned in these forums plenty of times.

The point is that people voted for higher priced products. Proven because flew off the shelves.

That's also why iPhones have got more expensive. It's what people voted for.

The customer creates the corporate monster. Then the customer moans about it.

Last edited:
Associate
People vote with their wallet. I'm sure you've heard that phrase mentioned in these forums plenty of times.

The point is that people voted for higher priced products. Proven because flew off the shelves.

That's why iPhones have got more expensive. It's what people voted for.

The customer creates the corporate monster. Then they moan about it.

I haven't paid the silly prices, scalped or mined. I don't deserve to be ripped off because of other peoples opportunistic greed. It may well be a byproduct but I do not deserve it.. how silly.

Permabanned
I haven't paid the silly prices, scalped or mined. I don't deserve to be ripped off because of other peoples opportunistic greed. It may well be a byproduct but I do not deserve it.. how silly.

You're right, but millions have paid those silly prices. It's the sensible people like us who loose out.

That's the world we live in.
Look at BREXIT for example, 52% voted to leave and the other 48% vote to reamin but yet, they must live with the outcome and leave.

Same thing with this GPU Saga.

Soldato
They just sound desperate now they have lots of stock that can't sell that was purchased overpriced.

Well, people deserve the price increase! PS5 prices are still too high for a console that was released last year and there availability new is still rubbish.

At least you can get gpus.
totally, some are desperate, generally those that bought too much stock, some have made bucketfuls of cash from daft miners paying silly prices, oh and the odd gamer, instead of paying rip off prices, which i wouldnt, i just bought a series s for 229 quid and game pass, will do till market returns to its senses, which should be in 2098:cry:

Soldato

It’s not actually correct.

What it is, is a speculative bubble.

There are quite literally thousands of people worldwide who will never use an Nvidia graphics card but have a hundred boxed cards.

All it is now is musical chairs, nobody wants to stop playing the game as there’s still profit to be made but nobody wants to be left looking for a chair when the music stops.

Soldato
It’s not actually correct.

What it is, is a speculative bubble.

There are quite literally thousands of people worldwide who will never use an Nvidia graphics card but have a hundred boxed cards.

All it is now is musical chairs, nobody wants to stop playing the game as there’s still profit to be made but nobody wants to be left looking for a chair when the music stops.

Yeah, scalpers set a price and the consumer said "yes please".

Consumers could have refused and the prices would be guaranteed to drop to a more normal price. Scalpers could have been made to make just £50 per card.

Associate
Yeah, scalpers set a price and the consumer said "yes please".

Consumers could have refused and the prices would be guaranteed to drop to a more normal price. Scalpers could have been made to make just £50 per card.

You must remember that the scalpers main target is Miners, they place more value on the cards hence are willing to pay more which is why they were able to inflate the price so much. Now the miners aren't buying, prices are dropping, there just isn't the same demand.

Permabanned
You must remember that the scalpers main target is Miners, they place more value on the cards hence are willing to pay more which is why they were able to inflate the price so much. Now the miners aren't buying, prices are dropping, there just isn't the same demand.

I tried to get a PS5 yet again. It was 2am, but they were all gone in 5minutes. One c*** in the group immediately posted this.

At this point I go and check the bay as I suspect scalping. I Notice, 20 pages plus of the console being listed for £100 more than msrp? Apparently, even though there is £ 100 more than msrp, the scalpers wait until the bay does £1 seller listing. Then they all go on there to list and scalple the goods. And people were still buying it. So there is no shortage of stock just scalpers buying up the stock and preventing genuine gamers from buying.

Absolute Madness!

I hope they start charging £200 for the games because people clearly have the money in their pockets to pay.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom