It's too hot :(

Associate
Don't know about the rest of you, but I'm sleeping downstairs tonight. Windows are open and still sweating, temp on my Fluke 116 read ~ 33 C earlier and early evening my phone was saying it was 30 C :eek:

Soldato
I agree! I could definitely handle it.
Ideally it would be 20-30c most of the year!
That’s probably too hot for most, you get days where it’s 21’c, there’s a slight breeze and it’s the heat where you don’t sweat but those days are rare, it’s either below 18’c or above 25’c but I’d take 25’c+ everyday of the year.

Associate
No a big fan of the heat and definitely don’t like having to plod round in it delivering mail.

Today wasn’t too bad but then again I did walk through 3/4 sprinklers to cool down and 2 customers gave me cold drinks.

Man of Honour
Blimey, you lot get about don’t you! Would you or your family live in France again or is it too much of a crap hole in the cities now?

Nowhere in France is a crap hole, with the possible exception of the quartiers Nord of Marseille, and the 18th arrondissement of Paris, and most of the Goutte d’or district of Paris.
I’ve been agitating to look into buying a place in Lot, Lot et Garonne, or Gers since before I retired in 2012, but the fly in the ointment is my monoglot wife, I love her to bits, but being born in Camberwell and raised in Peckham she doesn’t speak English as well as me, never mind French.
Before she enters a shoe store in Paris or Toulouse, I write her Continental size down for her, 37.5, I even give it to her phonetically, “trente sept et demi” so say tront set ay duhmee.
I even give her a list of colours, noir, marron, bleu, vert, and their English translations, I then hover around the men’s section until the inevitable cry goes up, “JEAN! woss she sayin’”?
My kid in Germany met and married a blonde fräulein when he was in the army, he’ll never live in U.K. again, he’s a German citizen now.
I narrowly almost lost his younger brother years ago, he was bumming around South America and met a gorgeous Venuzuelan girl.
After a few months living with her on Margarita Island, they decamped to Madrid, where he got a job teaching English as a foreign language, and she started making wedding plans.
His mother, my ex wife, immediately flew to Madrid to straighten him out, I’ve no idea how she did it, but Pilar was soon on a plane back to Caracas.
A couple of years later, he met and married a beautiful English girl, and please God, so far it looks like they’ll live happily ever after.

Caporegime
My first and only complaint about summer and hot weather.

Just had a shower before bed and the High setting's too hot even at it's lowest and Low's too cold even at it's highest. Previous shower was exactly the same.

I just want a lukewarm shower FFS :mad:

Man of Honour
Thankfully it's nice and cool here tonight,
it would be cooler if i could open my windows but i'm looking after my mums very expensive Cat at my house while she's away and if he jumped out of an open window i'd in a whole heep of poo lol

Soldato
My first and only complaint about summer and hot weather.

Just had a shower before bed and the High setting's too hot even at it's lowest and Low's too cold even at it's highest. Previous shower was exactly the same.

I just want a lukewarm shower FFS :mad:
Buy a better shower. My summer showers are set to 30c, perfect.

Soldato
Looks like we in for another hot one, Not even half 7 and its already 19C!

I don't really like this weather, People think I'm mad when i tell them i prefer winter and ask why...No hay fever ,No sweating your nuts off, No sleepless nights due to the heat. Love it! Bring me a -1 day any day!

Man of Honour
Looks like we in for another hot one, Not even half 7 and its already 19C!

I don't really like this weather, People think I'm mad when i tell them i prefer winter and ask why...No hay fever ,No sweating your nuts off, No sleepless nights due to the heat. Love it! Bring me a -1 day any day!

Surfaces facing the rising sun are scorching already - forecast 28C here but I can see it besting that.

Soldato
The bedroom at 10pm last night was 29 degrees!

Luckily we have portable air con units, I know these are noisy as hell and most people struggle with that, but literally 10 mins after switching it on (12000btu unit) the temp fell to 22 degrees, 5 mins later it’s 20 degrees.. luckily me and the Mrs can sleep through the noise, I often have the tv on to fall asleep (as I have tinnitus).

We’ve only just bought a new one since my daughters smaller unit packed after 15 years, so we gave her our 18 year old unit which still works, so they can last a very long time. I also caved in an ordered one for my son, I ordered it yesterday with free next day Sunday delivery! £309 for a 12000btu unit is reasonable IMO and will cool a largish room quite easily… cost wise, modern ones are A rated compared to the old units E rating, so more efficient, and even if they last 10 years, £30 per year for the 2-3 week per year typical hot spots is definitely worth it , I’m sure people would pay £30 for one nights comfortable sleep!

Soldato
Nice just having a flask of tea here, early mooch near Tintagel, warm turning to hot
IMG-20210718-084543.jpg

IMG-20210718-090342.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom