Red Dead Redemption 2

Caporegime
Holy crap guys, I now have DLSS Quality mode enabled with all of the settings maxed out and it seems to run smooth as hell. I need to enable the FPS counter as I only had a quick blast and was just seeing how it felt, but it looked absolutely gorgeous and had no slowdown and I sure as hell can't tell any visual difference over non-DLSS while playing. DLSS is a just a phenomenal feature to have implemented into a game.

If this game was released in 2021 it would still be one of the best looking games out there. :D

Associate
Holy crap guys, I now have DLSS Quality mode enabled with all of the settings maxed out and it seems to run smooth as hell. I need to enable the FPS counter as I only had a quick blast and was just seeing how it felt, but it looked absolutely gorgeous and had no slowdown and I sure as hell can't tell any visual difference over non-DLSS while playing. DLSS is a just a phenomenal feature to have implemented into a game.

If this game was released in 2021 it would still be one of the best looking games out there. :D

I've just reinstalled this. I never did finish it, not even close! I set up the graphics with Hardware Unboxed settings (as I did before) I put DLSS on Quality and it's locked to 60fps for the entire benchmark, GPU usage about 60-75%! Seems we have some decent headroom not sure if it's worth turning any of the settings up as there is just far too many haha.

Caporegime
I've just reinstalled this. I never did finish it, not even close! I set up the graphics with Hardware Unboxed settings (as I did before) I put DLSS on Quality and it's locked to 60fps for the entire benchmark, GPU usage about 60-75%! Seems we have some decent headroom not sure if it's worth turning any of the settings up as there is just far too many haha.
Just try maxing everything out for ****s and giggles!

Soldato
So System - 2950X (16C/32T) 3090 RDR2 Everything Maxed including the extra settings bars etc @ 4lk 120hz (LG CX48)
DLSS Qaulity - 70-90FPS
DLSS OFF 45-55FPS
pretty happy

Caporegime
So System - 2950X (16C/32T) 3090 RDR2 Everything Maxed including the extra settings bars etc @ 4lk 120hz (LG CX48)
DLSS Qaulity - 70-90FPS
DLSS OFF 45-55FPS
pretty happy
Honestly, DLSS is so amazing. That is basically a generational performance increase with minimal visual impact... just for enabling a feature. It's insane

I did that first haha. It wasnt that bad, late 40s at worst, 60 at best. I think the avergae was about 55! Still ran smooth though to me anyway.
RDR2 is a slow paced game, if your average is close to 60 then you are completely fine. :)

ne0

ne0

Associate
Honestly, DLSS is so amazing. That is basically a generational performance increase with minimal visual impact... just for enabling a feature. It's insane

RDR2 is a slow paced game, if your average is close to 60 then you are completely fine. :)

Not only that but it actually makes the visuals BETTER and completely removes the need for any kind of anti aliasing solution. Witchcraft.

Soldato

Such a massive difference. I also have G-Sync enabled for my freesync monitor and the difference is night and day to what it was before.

Caporegime
Such a massive difference. I also have G-Sync enabled for my freesync monitor and the difference is night and day to what it was before.
Yep, the difference is simply staggering. I think that DLSS is going to enable a new era in graphical fidelity in games and allow developers to really push the envelope.

Soldato
Had another session with my Dad online today after giving up on this game a few months back.

Still a complete dungheap. Game not authorised. Posse disbanding without warning. Faults on the Rockstar server.

No other multiplayer games have any issues and our internet is fine. Tried it using 4g both ends too.

Absolute shambles

Soldato
Had another session with my Dad online today after giving up on this game a few months back.

Still a complete dungheap. Game not authorised. Posse disbanding without warning. Faults on the Rockstar server.

No other multiplayer games have any issues and our internet is fine. Tried it using 4g both ends too.

Absolute shambles

I have no issues with single-player but have had similarly annoying issues with both RDR2 and GTAV online, if I have not played in a while. It feels as if, when you don't play for a few months they BAN you! And trying to get back in is a hassle, which I have given up on several times. Definitely feels like a systemic Rockstar/Social Club issue for playing online, as opposed to a game-specific bug. Rockstar Social Club has been a disaster for me since day 1. But strangely I can play the single player of both games fine! Just no multiplayer, so no cheaters at least!

Associate
I haven't played it in a while but since the latest update the sound volume is very low, turned up high on pc, headphone controller and in game, sound is normal volume when not in the game

Soldato
The sound seems fine now, was an update a while back that changed the volume of the game really low in windows volume mixer (right click speaker icon in systray) whenever I booted the game up.

Soldato
New drivers 471.41 giving even more peformance in DLSS. (gained about 10fps average or so at 4k compared to the ones just before)

I want to play through this but seems RDR1 may never come on pc with the time it's taking.

Back
Top Bottom