Roof Felt Melting in the Sun During Installation

Soldato
I decided to refelt the shed this weekend.

Did both lower sections fine. However as I’ve got to do the second length and had to climb onto the roof the bitumen has gone soft and melty and my shoe has ended up pulling off a lot of the shingle stuff.

I’ve climbed down and will have to leave it for another day. But is there any “ideal” type time or condition to be aiming for as it’s looking how do quite some time.

Soldato
I did mine a week ago on Friday, and even then it was cloudy sunny day. But the roof of the shed just seemed to absorb the heat. Thankfully no issues with the bitumen though.

Associate
In my experience with the roofing companies I work with they want to be onsite and starting work by 7am this time of year because like you said by lunchtime you cant walk on the parts of the roof you just laid but by then they have done 5 hours of work so will come back the following day most of the time.

Soldato
OP
Yeah, i hadn't even considered it to be a factor until too late stupidly.

Now i have the dilemma of whether to redo the whole row, which involves another £35 of felt or whether to just patch it as i can get away with it looks wise i think.

Back
Top Bottom