The last game you completed, and rating.

Soldato
Control
Some cool moments and concepts wrapped in a game that couldn't quite stretch to cover them. Gameplay was just a bit too repetitive and I was ready to be finished with it inside 20 hours and rushed the last sections a bit to get to the end. I did have some fun with this at times, it looked fairly good, and some of the ideas will definitely stick in my head, but I can't say I see this living up the hype I thought it generated.
6/10

Also, before that...

Death Stranding
Haha, what the hell even was this? Such an odd gameplay loop, but it hooked me totally from start to finish. It introduced just enough variation and upgrades to the loop to keep it fresh and atmosphere just oozed from every pore of its gameworld (do worlds have pores? I think I am mangling metaphors here). Bizarre, confusing, amazing. I love how it based a whole 50+ hour game around such an unconventional mechanic (I took the long way around and clocked up 76 hours). I love how I wasn't quite sure if the game was trolling me at times. Perhaps it dragged a little in the final third, but other than that I can't fault too much.
9/10

Soldato
Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition 8.8/10

Loved it was a nice ending to a trilogy but I prefer the first one most as it gives that tense creepy atmosphere plus the scenery.

Soldato
Assassins Creed Odyssey 7/10. Felt like a very rushed ending, was expecting a little more depth in the last couple of missions to round off loose ends.

Value for money its one of the best games I've played, however there is so much side content it gets a little silly and boring. Total of 60 hours played and I could quite easily be doing side quests and DLC for another 30 hours.

May revisit some of the DLC in future but for now im all AC'd out.

ne0

ne0

Associate
Days Gone 9/10

Wow what a game. Has to be the most under appreciated game I've ever played! Amazing, immersive world, superb motion capture and voice acting (apart from Deakon's random outbursts...ahem), really emotive story. The hordes are just crazy and a real challenge.
Incredible graphics with easily one of the best HDR implementations I've ever seen. Really really impressive stuff.

My only criticism is the missions can feel repetitive in the final 3rd and I thought the game was just too long. It should have started to wrap up a few hours before the end but it dragged unecessarily.

Apart from that though, fantastic game.

Soldato
Rimworld
10/10

Played it for hundreds of hours, complete it, start a new game. Wonderful.

Played it for ~700hrs. As far as I remember I only finished it once, few of weeks ago, I might have finished it when I bought it back in A17 or A18, I remember building the ship but don't remember if I ever launched it. Usually once I establish the colony I restart the game with different mods.

Associate
Fallout 4 - Absolutely loved this game a couple of years ago, turned sanctuary into a fortress. Had to stop playing in the end as the settlement was too big and it kept glitching. I don't think there was a set of Power Armour I didn't own.

Caporegime
Abzu - 7/10

I played this one first, before...

Journey - 8/10

Turns out both are very, very similar experiences. In fact Abzu is basically "Journey, but underwater."

Both are basically interactive story books more than video games. I'm not sure you can actually fail (see a "game over") in either?

Journey had a few more clever design touches, and so scores a bit higher.

Both are occasionally a little artsy-fartsy and high on symbolism. Since they're both very short games/stories neither outlived their welcome.

Looking back it's quite uncanny how similar they are to each other.

Soldato
'Completed' ...

Dungeonmans can't be completed by any mere mortal.

10/10, most enjoyable game where I've had thousands of characters die so far.

Oh please. Mad Jack had to create a DLC that does nothing but make the game unfairly hard because people were complaining about it being too easy.

(At least, that's his excuse and he's sticking to it.)

Soldato
Terminator Resistance. A fairly average game in just about every way however the final assualt with the Terminator theme tune playing in the background, headphones on with volume and haptic bass cranked up, was truly awesome! An extra half a point due for that! Also an extra half point awarded for being brave enough to not have the screen go black when you're "getting down". 8/10

Associate
Oh please. Mad Jack had to create a DLC that does nothing but make the game unfairly hard because people were complaining about it being too easy.

(At least, that's his excuse and he's sticking to it.)

That was a joke. The whole game is a joke.

You die constantly.

People call the game too easy as an extra joke. Like Dungeon of The Endless using 'Too easy' and 'Easy' for Normal and Hard.

The expansion was making fun of 'pay to win' by adding 'pay to lose' to add more ways to lose the game. Instant death mechanics a plenty to guarantee more dead characters.

The guy that made the game had to nerf Iron mode because people tried only playing it on iron mode then left negative reviews and demanded refunds due to it being impossible. You now have to reach level 10 in a normal game to unlock iron mode in which you can only have a single character and single death.

Last edited:
Soldato
Battlefield 4
8/10

Is it every really completed? But I'm amazed at how well this game has held up - 8 years old and still so much fun.

Man of Honour
It's because if any game is rated lower then you probably won't complete it. :)
Yeah there won't be many games getting under 6/10 unless they are short or maybe a sequel to very popular games (meaning people will persevere because they loved an earlier game in the series).
I have a tendency to grind through mediocre games once I've committed to them but even then if I complete it it's probably going to be 13/20 or above.

Man of Honour
OP
Ori Will of the Whisps 10/10

One of, if not the best game I’ve played. An absolute masterpiece, visually, game design, breathtaking audio and soundtrack, a lovely story. I might have gotten something in my eye a couple of times. Very challenging and not usually my type of game, but it was worth persevering. Some of the chase segments were frustrating, but wow, what a game.

Back
Top Bottom