Poll: British Grand Prix 2021, Silverstone - Race 10/23

Rate the 2021 British Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Max likes to do hard racing, and evrrytime Ham has backed off in similar turns as he hard cuts across. Well thim Ham just refused to back off. Max is praised for hard racing, truth is all other drivers steer clear of him and how he drives. Maybe hell learn he can't always win the corners by being reckless and learn to win the race later in the laps.

Soldato
Racing incident i think with Max & Lewis. Max found out today however what his ‘never back down’ attitude can sometimes get him - he needs to mature as a driver & realise this, Lewis purely played him at his own game, which is racing at the end of the day.

The sky sports clip above obviously shows max turning in hard twice, he had the option not to crash.

Associate
Max could have died today and fanboys here would have still blamed him for the crash. Funny how Lewis gave on throttle when going against Leclrec but we'll pretend we didn't see that.

Soldato
Look you dont overtake in that corner. It's attempted murder to do so.

If it was the other way round, Max would tell anyone who says that to **** off. He's a racer etc.

He should be more annoyed at the fact RBR messed up the tyre strategy in Azerbaijan.

If you get a good run into copse it is an overtaking opportunity.

https://youtu.be/mpntKkGQ-5k

Ham and bottas in 2019 really wasn't that different

Soldato
Max could have died today and fanboys here would have still blamed him for the crash. Funny how Lewis gave on throttle when going against Leclrec but we'll pretend we didn't see that.
Aliens could have cam down and killed everyone there and made us their slaves. Let's make up stuff to try and make it far worse than it is eh?

Soldato
Might stop max being so aggressive in the future

I doubt the RB echo chamber will point this out to him.

Like i said before he should've forced him to take the outside line and he did to an extent but left just enough room for Lewis to take the inside line. At that point he should've conceded the inside and took a wider line himself basically to keep out of harms way. But if anything he tried to squeeze him more!?! Which seems a bit special considering any understeer is going to send that car into you.

Soldato
As much as I hate Lewis for his off track antics ( and most of you have flamed me on here for it ) I gotta say hats off to him for an awesome weekend. And I’m a massive Max fan - 50/50 in my eyes .

You all wanted close wheel to wheel racing and you got it , racing incident nothing more to see here move on .

Soldato
Max likes to do hard racing, and evrrytime Ham has backed off in similar turns as he hard cuts across. Well thim Ham just refused to back off. Max is praised for hard racing, truth is all other drivers steer clear of him and how he drives. Maybe hell learn he can't always win the corners by being reckless and learn to win the race later in the laps.
This is pretty much my take on it too. Lewis, and other drivers have been forced off the track enough times that it's almost a phycological advantage that Max has, 'I can't try it at this corner as Max will just run me off the track or squeeze me out. I can't fully commit to an overtake as I need to be ready to get out of the way if he does something stupid'.

For many seasons now, Lewis has played the long game and backed out of 50/50 situations which could lose him a front wing or worse, and has won from his consistency and keeping the car in one piece. In his battles where there was respect between the drivers, Vettel, Leclerc and Rosberg (to a point), this worked. Hamilton knows that Max is an aggressive, almost dirty, driver who does not have that level of respect in wheel to wheel situations with other drivers.

Since the start of this season Lewis has done the same as he always has and let Max have the space, and was over 30 points behind in the WDC because of it. Today was Lewis sending Max a message that he's not going to back out of those 50/50s any more and it's Max who needs to think twice before pulling any moves like that in future.

Soldato

Lewis gave on throttle with Max as well. He went from being side by side to turning in with Verstappen braking later overcutting him and getting it wrong.

Leclerc however didn't turn in on him. Took a wider line, conceding the inside and lost downforce losing the rear.

Verstappen tried to treat his car as if it was 5 metres wide.

Soldato
This is pretty much my take on it too. Lewis, and other drivers have been forced off the track enough times that it's almost a phycological advantage that Max has, 'I can't try it at this corner as Max will just run me off the track or squeeze me out. I can't fully commit to an overtake as I need to be ready to get out of the way if he does something stupid'.

For many seasons now, Lewis has played the long game and backed out of 50/50 situations which could lose him a front wing or worse, and has won from his consistency and keeping the car in one piece. In his battles where there was respect between the drivers, Vettel, Leclerc and Rosberg (to a point), this worked. Hamilton knows that Max is an aggressive, almost dirty, driver who does not have that level of respect in wheel to wheel situations with other drivers.

So far this season Lewis has done the same and was over 30 points behind in the WDC because of it. Today was Lewis sending Max a message that he's not going to back out of those 50/50s any more and it's Max who needs to think twice before pulling any moves like that in future.
This 100%

Man of Honour

Since the start of this season Lewis has done the same as he always has and let Max have the space, and was over 30 points behind in the WDC because of it. Today was Lewis sending Max a message that he's not going to back out of those 50/50s any more and it's Max who needs to think twice before pulling any moves like that in future.

Agreed!

Caporegime
You've got Button, Coulthard and Webber all saying Hamilton was in the wrong and deserved a penalty, the stewards agreed but I'm assuming you're implying Max was at fault for getting rammed off the track?

Back
Top Bottom