Poll: British Grand Prix 2021, Silverstone - Race 10/23

Rate the 2021 British Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Pretty much sums up my point of view on the subject. I'd like to say I hope he learns something from this... but this is Max were talking about here... of course he wont, because he's never in the wrong.
There is something inherently unlikeable about the Redbull team, its senior staff, some of its drivers, just something about it just has never sat right with me. I reckon it stems from the top, Marko seems to nurture a toxic atmosphere in that team, I've always had a dislike for its young driver programme, its a meat grinder for young talent. It feels like quite a few promising careers have died there as the drivers just dont seem to get the support and help they need to blossom, just seems overall toxic. Obviously thats just from the outside looking in, I may be entirely wrong.

The comeback drive from Lewis did make it much more entertaining. There was a point that I didnt think it was gonna be possible. But Lewis pulls that pace out when it counted and proved me very wrong. Strong drive and an outstanding home win.
Totally agree. I hated Vettel when he was at RB but have grown to appreciate him more these days.

Soldato
That was a 10 from me. Lewis' fight-back was awesome to watch but let's not ignore that stunning performance from Leclerc and great races from Perez, Tsunoda, and Stroll.

And what happened to Schumacher?

Soldato
Have you all heard about how the crowds reacted to Verstappen Crashing there was Cheering which was really Disrespectful

I watched the footage on twitter and Instagram and its rubbish what some people are saying. As they both came round the corner the crowd were cheering and when Max crashed it happened that quickly they were still cheering (this is what people have been saying is distasteful) but if he was doing 200mph round that corner you dont have time to stop cheering in like 2 seconds as you dont fully realise what happened then as soon as he hit the barrier they stopped cheering and the reality of what happened set in. (and started taking photos and video which I thought was worse).

They were definitely not cheering as he crashed just that it looked like Lewis was overtaking him which is where the cheers were for. Its been blown out of all proportion as usual and its bordering on fake news. Then they all cheered and clapped as he got out.

Soldato
For me the Leclerc move is what Hamilton was probably trying to do the first time around. He was on the kerb and left room for both cars. With Verstappen he got nowhere near the kerb and just carried too much speed in, understeering into Verstappen.

For me it had an air of desperation befitting something Vettel in the Ferrari might have done when he was fighting Hamilton and making mistakes, backed up by Hamilton's comments on 5 Live after the race when he said "I had to get in his face". I really hope Hamilton hadn't heard Verstappen was in hospital when he said that.

It certainly wasn't the cunning, calculating and patient Hamilton we've seen over the last few years.

Given the immense speed involved and thus dangerous nature personally I think he was extremely lucky to get a 10 second penalty. I thought he'd get a drive through.

Verstappen maybe should have been a bit more patient given the standings, but that doesn't mean you can assume he should back out of it.

Soldato
Edit, ignore. I thought I was on a more recent page.
(I was typing before it got changed but still can apply to your other post) To be fair there was more space given before the turn in so Hamilton could get a better line (leclerc wasn't trying to push hamilton towards the wall). You can also say the track had rubbered in, there was less fuel in the cars and arguably the tyres were in a better state to give better grip, all of which combined would easily allow a car/driver to take a tighter turn.

Personally I still think it's a racing incident as I said earlier and like I said earlier Verstappen wasn't exactly 'behaving' when he was defending up to that point either. If anything after seeing some of the replays etc I'd say that Verstappens 'robust' defending style actually contributed to the incident (remember how everyone used to complain, including other drivers, about the defensive moves of verstappen when he started f1, he hasn't changed that much in all honesty)

(this is not aimed at anyone in particular)
What I have noticed of late is that the 'fans' watching formula 1 and posting on f1 sites/twitter/reddit these days have become so 'toxic' of late, especially towards Hamilton and while I'm no fan of him (or verstappen in fact for similar reasons) I wouldn't ever go around berating him in the way some people are on f1 sites/twitter etc. It's got so bad on some sites (racefans for example) that I can't even be bothered to go there anymore.

edit: This time it really doesn't help with redbull being, well redbull.... they do like to throw their dummy out of the pram when things aren't going their way (the constant threat to quit etc) after all and while it wasn't exactly great for them, especially with Perez performing poorly again, they're arguably trying to incite issues with some of their comments during/after the race and posts from their official twitter accounts.

Last edited:
Soldato
(this is not aimed at anyone in particular)
What I have noticed of late is that the 'fans' watching formula 1 and posting on f1 sites/twitter/reddit these days have become so 'toxic' of late, especially towards Hamilton and while I'm no fan of him (or verstappen in fact for similar reasons) I wouldn't ever go around berating him in the way some people are on f1 sites/twitter etc. It's got so bad on some sites (racefans for example) that I can't even be bothered to go there anymore.
It's quite obvious why people are toxic with Hamilton.

Replace Hamilton with bottas and people wouldn't be hating on bottas.

F1 is becoming way worse than football in the social media side of things.

Saying that. I've been to tons of races and not one hooligan or anti discrimination went on. Everyone has been super friendly on track days.

I've even spent time in camping too and I can tell you that loads are all friendly. Everyone is equal no matter background, appearance etc.

Which leads me to believe many here and in all social platforms are armchair haterz that don't really respect and follow the sport

Soldato
I think Lewis was lucky not to be disqualified for that overtaking manoeuvre in the first lap. As far as I could see he went for it when he had no clear path to overtake and was certain to collide with Versteppen.

Soldato
Yep when I watched this live, decided it for me. Especially when you see Max turn into a Hamilton who has a front wide by Max's front tyres.

Max squeezed Hamilton the entire way and then magically expected Hamilton to make the apex.

It's something Max does all the time.

Think this post needs to be on each page at this point..

Soldato
It's quite obvious why people are toxic with Hamilton.

Replace Hamilton with bottas and people wouldn't be hating on bottas.

F1 is becoming way worse than football in the social media side of things.

Saying that. I've been to tons of races and not one hooligan or anti discrimination went on. Everyone has been super friendly on track days.

I've even spent time in camping too and I can tell you that loads are all friendly. Everyone is equal no matter background, appearance etc.

Which leads me to believe many here and in all social platforms are armchair haterz that don't really respect and follow the sport

I've noticed this, it's really putting me off.

I've never seen it like this before.

Soldato
Max needs to learn that playing the aggressive "Senna" card everytime won't always make the other driver blink and back out, especially while Max has the championship to lose. How Lewis got a penalty from Max's actions is rather bizarre. Max went to turn it, saw Lewis and straightened his wheel, then turned in again instead of backing out when he was on the outside of the corner with plenty of track to his left.

Last edited:
Soldato
For me the Leclerc move is what Hamilton was probably trying to do the first time around. He was on the kerb and left room for both cars. With Verstappen he got nowhere near the kerb and just carried too much speed in, understeering into Verstappen.

For me it had an air of desperation befitting something Vettel in the Ferrari might have done when he was fighting Hamilton and making mistakes, backed up by Hamilton's comments on 5 Live after the race when he said "I had to get in his face". I really hope Hamilton hadn't heard Verstappen was in hospital when he said that.

It certainly wasn't the cunning, calculating and patient Hamilton we've seen over the last few years.

Given the immense speed involved and thus dangerous nature personally I think he was extremely lucky to get a 10 second penalty. I thought he'd get a drive through.

Verstappen maybe should have been a bit more patient given the standings, but that doesn't mean you can assume he should back out of it.

On the replays I have seen, Hamilton is attempting to take a line towards the apex and it isnt until Max steers into him and there is contact that he runs wide with understeer. The videos of Max's steering wheel inputs are damning. And let's not forget Max tried to squeeze Lewis into the wall just before the corner........

Back
Top Bottom