What even is American Grade 1 Maths?

Soldato
If you type in her real name, college, and my city, it comes up with her info on the colleges website fyi.
you could have just used her real first name. we don't know her second name, her college or your city. but that's irrelevant, keep up the good work on building and maintaining what ever lalala land story is going on in your head today.
Yes they do because I've been advised endlessly to do it myself if I want a job.
no they don't. just because you're such a hopelessly unemployable case that people are advising you to lie does not mean that everyone does it.
Read what I actually said, or meant to say.
how can anyone read what you 'meant' to say. you're starting to confuse yourself. take a break or this whole fantasy will start to crumble. remember, you're also heavily invested in being a bit deranged in the katie hopkins thread too so you're at risk of spreading yourself too thin.

the fun will end if this all implodes. so please, for entertainments sake, take a bit of time off to compose yourself and read back over some of your posts just to get yourself back on track.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
I have to google most of the kids maths as while I can work them out easily my methods are completely different to what they have to use. :cry:

Agreed, it makes zero sense to me as well, Seems all those years wasted at uni learning engineering mathematics is outdated and pointless :)

Associate
OP
Even when applying for jobs requiring 2 professional references, which I didn't have at the time, I didn't falsify references, I used academic references and explained the issue.

Character references are not professional references.

If you don't know anyone you are literally discriminated from any job requiring character references.

I cannot use a degree from 20 years ago to satisfy the requirement of a character reference. Only thing I can do is make it up.

Associate
OP
A Douglas in Interpretative Dance Theory isn't anything to brag about.

Being clever isn't a brag, its perfectly normal to be intelligent.

You wouldn't even be able to pass an Interpretative Dance Theory degree if you lacked intelligence.

Also 5 year olds are not universally stupid. They can do and perfectly understand normal long arithmetic if you teach them how.

Associate
I don't understand that question.

My son starts school in September and I'm dreading getting questions like this. No explanation of the method and meaningless terminology.

A couple of years ago I had to help my parents with my niece's maths homework. I had to sit down and treat it like a quiz puzzle in order to figure out the method.

It's no wonder that schools have such poor engagement with getting patents involved when the homework is so unintuitive.

Associate
OP

My son starts school in September and I'm dreading getting questions like this. No explanation of the method and meaningless terminology.

A couple of years ago I had to help my parents with my niece's maths homework. I had to sit down and treat it like a quiz puzzle in order to figure out the method.

It's no wonder that schools have such poor engagement with getting patents involved when the homework is so unintuitive.

And then the teachers just laugh at anyone that doesn't understand this and call them idiots that cant do what a 5 year old can.

If you teach a 5 year old that blue is actually red, they will believe it. Things you can teach to a child are barely any measure of what adults should know.

Associate

Had something similar a while back, was in Italy and my aunt asked me to help my cousin with some maths homework (she would have bee about 14/15) so I was like sure (me doing a maths degree at the time). I looked at it, looked at what she had done for previous questions and was like what the heck is this? IIRC the work was something to with division, but the working they were doing and had to show took ages and had some crazy method. Called my sister (who had graduated with a 1st in maths) over to look at it and her response was the same as mine. We both did it in hardly any time, using far less steps and our cousin was surprised how much easier it was. Unfortunately it had to be done the 'other' way, which we both couldn't follow and the text books being in Italian didn't help.
Division is an absolute weakness of mine though, so maybe I just didn't 'get' it. And to be honest, since one of my uni lecturers went over it again (I think it was in encryption), I imagine I'm not alone. That said, the way I was doing it at uni was a lot easier than what I had learnt at school. Not that I can remember either.

The lack of consistancy definitely won't help parents engage. When I get my nieces to do maths questions I don't look at their text books, I just set them whatever I feel like. They seem to do fairly well.

Back
Top Bottom