S.T.A.L.K.E.R- Anomaly is amazing!!

Associate
ok i couldn't remember if you did, im just about to fire it up again now!
it is widely recommended you play one of the other games in the series first before you tackle anomaly, just so you have an idea what youre doing. theres no hand holding in anomaly.

Soldato
it is widely recommended you play one of the other games in the series first before you tackle anomaly, just so you have an idea what youre doing. theres no hand holding in anomaly.
There's not a lot of hand holding in the originals either if I remember correctly! :cry: That's part of the charm and organic feel the games have though isn't it...

Soldato
afaik its all above board believe it or not. anomaly isnt the 1st free standalone stalker game, theres also the a few year old "lost alpha" thats still going strong in the mod community.
Guess the devs are pretty lax about it then :p. The Stalker mod community has done a lot for the games.

Associate
Loved Shadow of Chernobyl & (especially) Call of Pripyat back in the day, hoping against hope that Stalker 2 will deliver at least some of that vibe.

Associate
OP
Yea i know but i been playing games since the early 1980s. As for stalker im at NPP now have all the best weapons and have the game difficulty set to scanvenger so its rather difficult when playing. Have lots of mods installed too too many to list here that make the game much more difficult but more immersive.

Associate
Yea i know but i been playing games since the early 1980s. As for stalker im at NPP now have all the best weapons and have the game difficulty set to scanvenger so its rather difficult when playing. Have lots of mods installed too too many to list here that make the game much more difficult but more immersive.
I think youre more skilled than me at stalker, i fired up anomaly after not playing any stalker for years, and got nowhere. So i'm playing through the a bit easier SoC now to ease myself into the games.
I still think stalker 2 will have its work cut out as anomaly heavily modded is a tough game to crack gameplay wise.
It will beat it graphically obviously (the game footage released looks great) but yeah gameplay wise well thats another matter.
With it being on console i wonder if it'll be moddable too like the original stalkers, hope so.

Associate
OP
I think youre more skilled than me at stalker, i fired up anomaly after not playing any stalker for years, and got nowhere. So i'm playing through the a bit easier SoC now to ease myself into the games.

It will beat it graphically obviously (the game footage released looks great) but yeah gameplay wise well thats another matter.
With it being on console i wonder if it'll be moddable too like the original stalkers, hope so.
Its difficult at first but after a while once you get a mask (to stop radiation) and decent gun its ok. You only need one decent gun for the whole game tbh. I run with a shotgun and sniper, switch between the 2. Ive just finished the game on story mode. Going to reinstall with some new mod packs and play again without story mode option and play as a mercenary or bandit. Play purely for the faction wars. I also finished the game with 2.5m credits

I use this guide that shows you what settings to use for all the ingame settings, remember you can make this game as easy or as difficult as you want.

Last edited:
Associate
OP

I remember seeing a video and devs said Stalker 2 will be modable on PC

Back
Top Bottom