Virgin Mobile UK Moves to Scrap Pay As You Go Packages

Caporegime
I barely ever use my phone, don't care about internet outside.

I'm still on payg with an orange simcard lol... had to manually cut it to size at one point :D

if payg slowly disappears because they could make more money forcing people onto contracts... then I don't think it's a good thing.
age of the subscription though, soon you will own nothing and be happy.

did any of the isps try and do a thing where you can use their wifi anywhere and just do VOIP calls? I guess there's no incentive though when most isps are also mobile phone providers

I still have a boomer landline though I guess I could get rid and go on a cheap mobile package instead :S

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I barely ever use my phone, don't care about internet outside.

Sounds like RWG might be good enough when Sho reports back...

Just ordered a sim.
Will be used by my daughter. (first phone/sim)
I'll updae once everything is up and running. 50 mins and 250mb free internet every month. Can't really complain.

Thanks Sho , i'll start a thread on this subject as i'm sure other light users may be interested.

As long as sim-only contracts remain available, then I'm fine. I pay £12/month for unlimited calls/texts and 30GB monthly data, and I don't have a landline, so the £12 is my only phone bill.

Buy your handset outright. 3-year contracts and £1600 handsets can do one!

Commissario
I'll be mildly annoyed if o2 (who i think are now part of vm) get rid of their payg, as I mainly use my phone to anchor whatsapp, and put about £20 a year in credit.

I'm probably one of the oddies who like tech but have never quite bought into mobile phones.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom