It's too hot :(

Caporegime
Even a mixer shower isn't much better. I already have it on a relatively mild warm setting at the best of times, cue dropping it down, you get a few seconds of instant relief from cold water before it starts to feel warm again. So drop the temperature and keep going until it's basically just cold water but feeling warm.

My house today, no fans or air con running though!
4jm87Bk.png
That's cool (as in neat :p) what is that from?

Soldato
Customers coming in “I could stay here all day”

Don’t say that with managers nearby. We’re short staffed (annual leave, long term sickness - no pings, as been advised NOT to download the silly app) and probably give customers some delivery to go out.

Associate
The problem with insulation is once the heat is inside it is retained and takes a long time to dissipate. Modern houses are like ovens as a result.

Not really the case as good insulation, which is meant to keep the house cooler (when the weather is hot and warmer when the weather is colder) is only going to make things better and then you still need to invest in screens for the windows (if possible) and keep everything open to allow for a cross draft through the property. Another thing to do if you have a yard, is to water it down well and things will cool down quite a bit in and around the home.

Associate
well keeping the windows / curtain shut has made no difference whatsoever to the temp in the living room just hit 31.1c same as Sunday when they were open the loft space must be boiling.

the bedroom not south facing is 27.c actually feels not bad perhaps i will stay in the sweat box all day then and keep that shut off from the rest of the flat till bedtime.

2ffnfVP.png

Associate
well keeping the windows / curtain shut has made no difference whatsoever to the temp in the living room just hit 31.1c same as Sunday when they were open the loft space must be boiling.

the bedroom not south facing is 27.c actually feels not bad perhaps i will stay in the sweat box all day then and keep that shut off from the rest of the flat till bedtime.

For your windows, try white curtains on the inner layer to reflect the sunshine/heat and or something like tin foil, which will reflect a lot better than anything else.

Man of Honour
Sun has come out and it has got very warm very quickly here now :( I was doing a bit of maintenance on my truck and the dash temperature went from like 25C to 33C in a few minutes.

My brother sitting smugly in his air conditioned office :s

Caporegime
Doesnt work, a couple of years ago I wasted money on these 'Air Conditioners' that are simply a fan with a humidifier.

It makes no difference with or without water added to them.

I'm only back on this forum because I cannot move or function or do anything right now in this heat.
you got a bowl or 2 buckets? fill them with cold water, put your feet in.

or fill up a sink and stick your arms in the cold water for a few mins for temporary relief

Soldato
Is foil on windows effective? Considering it for the bedroom, I have massive windows and it must be 40C+ in there by 9-10 in the morning, it's killing me

Back
Top Bottom