So not too long ago I was facing eviction for my undone gardens ...

Soldato
Find it ironic when I hear of the council complaining about messy gardens and hedgerows etc. Yet the council can't even keep their own land tidy. There was an old school near me that was knocked down a few years ago and the whole plot is now waste high in grass, weeds, brambles, and self seeded trees etc. The main problem though is the hedgerows on the perimeter now take up most of the pavement has they haven't been cut since the school closed. Yet if you let your own hedge grow other the pavement like that you'd soon receive a letter from the council.

Soldato
Find it ironic when I hear of the council complaining about messy gardens and hedgerows etc. Yet the council can't even keep their own land tidy. There was an old school near me that was knocked down a few years ago and the whole plot is now waste high in grass, weeds, brambles, and self seeded trees etc. The main problem though is the hedgerows on the perimeter now take up most of the pavement has they haven't been cut since the school closed. Yet if you let your own hedge grow other the pavement like that you'd soon receive a letter from the council.

They normally act when moaned at - have you written to them? May be worth 10 minutes of your time

Associate
We have a gardener, i **** you not. He won't come in the rain! Then if he doesn't come it's another 2 weeks until the next slot rather than making up that hour when he can. It's incredibly annoying!

We don't even get him to cut grass etc, just tidying up of weeds/trying to control plants etc in the raised beds.

I don't work in the rain.

i know what he'd be getting told!

I've been a gardener for over 20 years and never been without work despite never advertising.
Its easy to find new customers of which I personally have never needed unless they have died. I still have two original customers from when I started.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I'm sure @Usel will correct me but if I tried to do my gardening in the ******* rain I would wreck my lawn and generally make a right mess of things, I wouldn't be able to use power tools to cut hedges etc and it would generally be a miserable experience.

If I had a disabled or elderly neighbour who just needed their lawn/garden mowing or strimming every few weeks I would just offer to do it for them if it was getting out of hand.

Associate
I'm sure @Usel will correct me but if I tried to do my gardening in the ******* rain I would wreck my lawn and generally make a right mess of things, I wouldn't be able to use power tools to cut hedges etc and it would generally be a miserable experience.

Grass is best done when dry if possible, electric is also best avoided when wet and working in the rain is a miserable experience.

I don't work in the rain because I only take holiday time in the winter. I work 6 days a week and also work bank holidays during the spring, summer and autumn. The odd wet day I take as holiday or work doing something else.

It doesn't usually rain enough to stop work that often but it has happened in the past where every Monday has been wet for a month. It is what it is. The next year it will rain every Tuesday for a month and the Monday client is then happy.

Soldato

If I had a disabled or elderly neighbour who just needed their lawn/garden mowing or strimming every few weeks I would just offer to do it for them if it was getting out of hand.

It doesn't matter to the grass cows still munch grass when its wet, its more an issue for the mowers as it either clogs them up or obviously if its electric its a no-no. Contractors can't pick and choose the weather they have to work regardless I've mowed plenty of lawns in the pouring rain yeah its miserable but you get on with it and make sure your waterproofs are up to the job, obviously if its your own patch then you do it when you like. These days I can choose not to work outside when its tipping it down but otherwise its carry on as normal its surprising what you get used to bit of drizzle no problem.

Soldato
Have you considered having it paved over and possibly adding potted plants?
It sounds like something low maintenance would allow you to access and enjoy the space more, with the potted plants being of a size that you could manage.

Have you tried looking or advertising on Gumtree?

Or there is a website called called Next-door neighbour or something like that and you might find a friendly neighbour who could help on there?

It's a bit rubbish that your housing manager can't help you though and isn't helping you find a solution?

It can't be nice at all and really stressful to have them calling you up and threatening your tenancy.

Back
Top Bottom