• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3080 / 3090 / 3070 Gigabyte Eagle Gaming OC & Vision Power Connector Concerns

Associate
Good morning! sorry if I intrude in this discussion, I am writing to you from Italy and I have a rtx 3080 vision oc in November with serial sn with WK43, so I thought I was immune to the problem.
However, I have disassembled the card several times and for about two months I have crashes every 5/10 minutes of play, but in some cases I just need to unplug and reattach the pins to solve. I checked and it looks like I'm on the new block, but the pins on my nzxt c750 force it to enter the card port.
Also tested with 3 different psu, 2 nzxt c750 and a wpm 750 sharkoon, all in some cases have difficulty in entering the pins
I tried to contact gigabyte explaining the problem and they just told me to try to change the drivers or try it on another pc. I tried to do these things (driver via ddu and try it on another pc) but the result is the same, it all depends on how I connect the cables .... the card does not start at all, I part but only under stress I crash the pc and restarts, as if there is not enough current or it goes into protection ...
Has this happened to someone? I contacted gigabyte again but the last time they answered me after 3 weeks ... Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out!

Associate
This morning I took delivery of a Gigabyte 3070 Vision OC. So I have been using my trusty Zotac 1080ti Amp extreme for ages now and with transitioning towards 4k gaming I need a graphics card which would be up to it. Unfortunately I can't find a 3080 or 6800xt at a reasonable price so picked up a 3070 through the members market for the meantime.

Installed it and noticed it was a bit stuttery in places compared to my old 1080 ti. Did a drivers update and then my PC started to randomly turn off. No warning, No sound. straight to black screen and reboot. Did it on various titles. I didn't think it was a Psu related issue as I have a 850w Psu and that has managed to supply a 1080ti when it sucking up 400W when overclocked so there should be no issues there. So thought I had not slotted it in properly so reseated it a few times to no avail. Stuck my 1080 ti back in and viola perffect no crashes no stutters etc. To cut a very long story short and save you the boring details I underclocked it slightly. Since then I have looped it non stop and it has been perfectly fine. No amount of voltage increasements could stabilise it at stock. I am not saying this will help in all sceanarios but it may help the odd one or two.

Ico

Ico

Associate
This morning I took delivery of a Gigabyte 3070 Vision OC. So I have been using my trusty Zotac 1080ti Amp extreme for ages now and with transitioning towards 4k gaming I need a graphics card which would be up to it. Unfortunately I can't find a 3080 or 6800xt at a reasonable price so picked up a 3070 through the members market for the meantime.

Installed it and noticed it was a bit stuttery in places compared to my old 1080 ti. Did a drivers update and then my PC started to randomly turn off. No warning, No sound. straight to black screen and reboot. Did it on various titles. I didn't think it was a Psu related issue as I have a 850w Psu and that has managed to supply a 1080ti when it sucking up 400W when overclocked so there should be no issues there. So thought I had not slotted it in properly so reseated it a few times to no avail. Stuck my 1080 ti back in and viola perffect no crashes no stutters etc. To cut a very long story short and save you the boring details I underclocked it slightly. Since then I have looped it non stop and it has been perfectly fine. No amount of voltage increasements could stabilise it at stock. I am not saying this will help in all sceanarios but it may help the odd one or two.

Good you sorted it out temporarily. Looks like psu issue. What model do you have. Some even new psu are overprotected and causing issues with RTX 30 series. If psu connectors fits into gpu with ease theres not problem with connectors.

Associate
I have the Corsair AX 850 but I have two of them

no idea on the quality of those but the reason it was fine when u downclocked your card was due to the fact it was not drawing as much power and spikes being caused. Had the same issue on a crappy evga 750watt. Changed it for a 1300w and no more need to downclock. Runs at full speed without blackscreening.

everyone who had the issue are adamant it’s not the psu and their old weaker generation of card ran it fine etc etc. They then get a new psu and it’s fixes their issues so it could be coincidence I guess.

Ico

Ico

Associate
Couldnt find anything negative about your psu and rtx 3070 online but Azrael1 is right. I dont think you need 1300w you just need one whom holds spikes easily. For instance i have 3080 with old evga 850g2 gold and all work flawlessly.
For future upgrade is good to buy strong psu rumour is that new rtx 40 series will draw around 350-400w

Last edited:
Associate
Is the power connector thing still an issue with these, I'm looking at the 3080ti?

There was 9 of these in stock last week and all sold and nows there's 8 more. They seem to be selling well and I'm assuming the ones in the shop now don't have any of these problems?

I'm looking at the 3080ti eagle and the hall of fame 3080ti at the minute.

Associate
Is the power connector thing still an issue with these, I'm looking at the 3080ti?

There was 9 of these in stock last week and all sold and nows there's 8 more. They seem to be selling well and I'm assuming the ones in the shop now don't have any of these problems?

I'm looking at the 3080ti eagle and the hall of fame 3080ti at the minute.

Should be fine, as far as i know they ship newer models with the improved design. unfortunately i have the old early one, so i had to order replacement OEM power connectors from china and replaced them.

Associate
Hi Guys. What about Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080 GAMING OC LHR 10GB GDDR6X?
Is it safe to buy, with fine connectors, thermal pads and overall architecture or quite risky?

Thanks in advance for your answer!

Associate
Hi Guys. What about Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080 GAMING OC LHR 10GB GDDR6X?
Is it safe to buy, with fine connectors, thermal pads and overall architecture or quite risky?

Thanks in advance for your answer!

I believe they changed them from early release. Mine just has standard connectors, no problem. No need for thermal pads as the 3070 is gddr6 (not 6x) so these cards run quite cool

Associate
So I was able to purchase replacement cables from moddiy. While I haven't disconnected the powercables from the card, the day I do, I'll replace the power connectors with these.

Back
Top Bottom