Insurers could replace written-off/stolen petrol cars with EV

Soldato
Until range and infrastructure improve dramatically I don't want an EV. If insurers start mandating this I'll keep looking for an insurer who would pay out cash instead, assuming it isn't legislated against. It's like when I renew insurance I skip any quotes expecting a black box being fitted.
Are black boxes a thing with older drivers, I thought there were aimed at under 25's. I'm just asking as I've renewed mine (I'm 35) and I deffo wouldnt get a high score if its rated on slow acceletation and cornering:cry:.

Soldato
Are black boxes a thing with older drivers, I thought there were aimed at under 25's. I'm just asking as I've renewed mine (I'm 35) and I deffo wouldnt get a high score if its rated on slow acceletation and cornering:cry:.

Well the EU wants to stick them in every car. Just like cameras, sign reading, speed limiters :/

Man of Honour
They are mostly for younger drivers. I got the recommendation when I added my daughter as a named driver. I skipped over those and paid more not to have the box.

Soldato
The dealer will charge £300 an hour instead of £100.

Sorry your car is not compatible with windows 13, please put it in the bin and buy a new one every year like a phone.

Also just think people will be able to scalp cars Like gpus when someone makes a cryto that only works by drive you electric car round.

Soldato
The dealer will charge £300 an hour instead of £100.

Sorry your car is not compatible with windows 13, please put it in the bin and buy a new one every year like a phone.

Also just think people will be able to scalp cars Like gpus when someone makes a cryto that only works by drive you electric car round.

I'll give your post the credit it deserves I think you're spot on and this is possibly a future we are looking at, disposable cars bought on the internet once a year because it's the new model and that's if you can get hold of one before the next drop goes out of stock

Obviously you don't have to get involved though, continue to run an ICE car and none of it effects you

How long until crims find value in the battery packs too

Soldato
Cars as a "service". The way everything digital seems to be heading and it sucks :/

You get a **** deal, **** product, **** service and your data sold off to China.

Back
Top Bottom