Honda civic arch/bumper broken

Associate
Alright guys,
I'm a new driver, but I wasn't behind the wheel. My brother is 16 year's old and is always enthusiastic about driving and he's got a lesson on a private track in next week so I suggested (perhaps stupidly) that he could try and mvoe it forward and park it, as he attempted earlier. On driveway, obviously, its private property. Oh dear oh dear oh dear. He was revving it too much, and he shunted my Civic forward into the fence on my driveway, causing the plastic wheel arch clip thingys to snap and break the wheel arch trim off. I'm guessing this is gonna be a garage job. How much am I looking at? He said he will pay for it (crying his eyes out bless him), hilarious if I'm honest as I got it all on video. Thanks guys

Soldato
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1FlJ89uajaPngR5hQPC_p-4xmzDzw847U?usp=sharing
Not as bad as it sounded or I thought at first, theoretically I'm guessing at least some of it could be done by myself. Those Civics are built like tanks.

Doesnt look too bad!

try popping them in as is, if that fails, some new white clips might help. The ones which clip the trim back on to the car.

actually, looks like the arch itself might be loose. That might need clipped in or new clips too. Either way, wouldn’t expect it to cost much.

Associate
OP
Doesnt look too bad!

try popping them in as is, if that fails, some new white clips might help. The ones which clip the trim back on to the car.
Got a link to any? Do they need to be official Honda ones or are they jsut generic.
Glad to know I'm right in thinking it's not bad. The mum thought it was a "write off", but she's very hyperbolic, so I never care for what she has to say on matters like this!

Soldato
Associate
OP
No, not sure why you would think that, if it's just the arch that needs refitting it's just a case of reseating it and using the clips to push it back into the locating holes on the wing
Ah I watched a guy on youtube do it maybe he was doing something else. I’ve bought all the clips I need the black and white ones. Should be good to go

Dup

Dup

Soldato
No need to remove the wheel, those white clips go behind the blue arch trim, black ones are for the black inner wheel arch liner. They are easy to pop in if there's no damage to the clip mounts on the inside of the trim. Could always use some double sided tape if one doesn't go back flush.

Associate
OP
No need to remove the wheel, those white clips go behind the blue arch trim, black ones are for the black inner wheel arch liner. They are easy to pop in if there's no damage to the clip mounts on the inside of the trim. Could always use some double sided tape if one doesn't go back flush.

ok I’ve managed to put the arch back on. Looking at it there’s no damage or missing clips , but it looks like it was never on properly in the first place. However I’m not sure what to do next as the splash shield - how is that supposed to be attatched? It’s kind of hanging off right now

Dup

Dup

Soldato
ok I’ve managed to put the arch back on. Looking at it there’s no damage or missing clips , but it looks like it was never on properly in the first place. However I’m not sure what to do next as the splash shield - how is that supposed to be attatched? It’s kind of hanging off right now

Must say my car was beaten up before I got it so a lot of the plastic around the front was held together with zip ties. They're a bit flimsy across the overhang.

Anyway, parts diagrams are a good source to see what's what, gives you a general idea where things fasten: https://www.parts-honda.uk/honda-ca...-PARTS/FRONT-FENDERS/17SMG601/B__5000/6/17521

Back
Top Bottom