• Digital Only Version

Votes: 170 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 659 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.6%

• Total voters
Soldato
Can I ask you what you play? I don't want to start one of those discussions. I'm trying to decide whether to get one or not. I don't have a 4K TV, but guess I just want one becuase, well, shiny syndrome. Trying to figure out if its worth it for me or not. Would be interested to hear your opinion.
Since launch just one game at a time. I've dropped multiplayer games since last year so I just pick a game and play it through. A combination of PS5, PS4 (games I own digitally or from the PS+ collection, PS+ itself or PS Now). I won't list them because it'll take too long but suffice to say there is a ton of ever growing content there. I've had a 4K TV for a year which I bought in anticipation of the PS5 launch and its been amazing for me moving from a 10 year old 42" 1080p plasma to this.

Soldato
To anyone who has ordered from the shop with the laminated book of dreams.
Is it safe to assume your order has gone through if you've received two emails - One saying "Order Confirmed" and being told your item should be ready from 9:00am on Thursday 22nd July, you have until 29th July to collect.
Also contains an Order Number & Collection Code.
Then a second email informing you the collection Windows has actually been extended until Thursday 5th August.
(my thinking on the second email is that these consoles are not going to be in stock for a week or so).

Brother-in-law secured a bundle at Very yesterday. He'd rather just have the console (which he believes he now has) - just doesn't want to go cancel the Very order without being 100% sure he has this one secured.
I know, those emails should definitely confirm the order, just if he logs into his account at book of dreams, it's not showing in his orders.

Soldato
From what I remember with them, the order won't show for c&c until you collect it, as it's still technically just a reservation.

Thank you - had a similar response elsewhere.
We have an order number and nothing more than a "should" be available to collect from 9:00am tomorrow.
I think we'll keep the Very order open until we physically have this one in our hands.
Ta.

Associate
Thank you - had a similar response elsewhere.
We have an order number and nothing more than a "should" be available to collect from 9:00am tomorrow.
I think we'll keep the Very order open until we physically have this one in our hands.
Ta.
If it makes you feel better I ordered from my local which was showing as ready immediately, got an email confirming ready to collect immediately but still not showing in 'orders'.

Typically I've just broken my thumb too, because sods law :p

Associate
Since launch just one game at a time. I've dropped multiplayer games since last year so I just pick a game and play it through. A combination of PS5, PS4 (games I own digitally or from the PS+ collection, PS+ itself or PS Now). I won't list them because it'll take too long but suffice to say there is a ton of ever growing content there. I've had a 4K TV for a year which I bought in anticipation of the PS5 launch and its been amazing for me moving from a 10 year old 42" 1080p plasma to this.

Thanks! I really appreciate the reply!

Soldato
If it makes you feel better I ordered from my local which was showing as ready immediately, got an email confirming ready to collect immediately but still not showing in 'orders'.

Typically I've just broken my thumb too, because sods law :p

D'oh! Get well soon.
Feeling better this morning, brother in law received text 10 minutes ago to say it was now ready for collection, so I'm driving over at lunchtime and then we can cancel the Very one.

I'm not saying it's a piece of cake to get PS5's at the moment and of course, any purchase is hampered by stock levels. But using the HotStock app and then relaying info via text to my brother-in-law - we've managed to secure two in as many days (stock permitting).

Soldato
Yer - so that backfired. Very dispatched my console this morning, so I've got the one for my Brother-In-Law from Argos in the boot of my car and one from Very (with controller and Ratchet & Clank) on it's way.
Not going to try and sell it here (rules and all that) - but will try and give someone the opportunity to buy one at RRP before I consider returning it.

Soldato
Amazon had PS5`s the other day for prime members only ( free trial ? ) and Game not that long ago for pre order. You have to join the stock informer sites though and jump on them with zero delay and buy there on the spot

Sem

Sem

Soldato
so managed to get a ps5 from game it was bundle with miles morales + controller for £561 was the only one left in stock

now the order is in and ive had time to think.. im starting to get buyers remorse i dont want an extra controller or care about the game and looking at the prices id get for selling them on brand new im going to end up paying £510 for just the console

thinking of cancelling and waiting for a console only deal or do most places do bundles only

Caporegime
so managed to get a ps5 from game it was bundle with miles morales + controller for £561 was the only one left in stock

now the order is in and ive had time to think.. im starting to get buyers remorse i dont want an extra controller or care about the game and looking at the prices id get for selling them on brand new im going to end up paying £510 for just the console

thinking of cancelling and waiting for a console only deal or do most places do bundles only

Amazon do consoles only, Very do Consoles as does a few others but Currys does bundles only, although you can just get one with extra controller which is £499 so not too bad.

Back
Top Bottom