What PC games are you playing?

Associate
Just got back into Elder Scrolls Online after years away, i forgot how much fun it is!
plenty of content to get through.. should keep me busy for a while :D

Associate
Picked up Monster Hunter Stories 2 and loving it. Bought so many games lately that just aren't gripping me so it's nice to really enjoy something

Aside from that, still playing short bursts of TW Warhammer II and Tainted Grail and just bought Carrion on sale

Man of Honour
I've just finished Dead State Reanimated. I went looking for a sequel or at least DLC, but the dev company no longer exists and the IP is dead. Shame - it was a good isometric squad combat/base building/survival/civilian leader game with a good enough story to have scope for DLC or a sequel. I've finished it with two of the available endings, but I haven't quite managed the "you all fight your way out" ending - my character died fighting a heroic rearguard action so the others could escape.

Looking through my "games I bought and never played" list has me pencilling in Dying Light something version next. Ultimate version, maybe. I have 18 DLCs for it, so that's probably all of them. Or maybe The Witcher. I've bought Witcher 1, 2 and 3 and not played any of them. 1 has been installed for years. I probably should get around to it some day.

Trudograd had its 0.92 release yesterday. Almost to release version! It's the sequel to the best game I've played in years - Atom RPG - so I'm looking forward to it.

Soldato
I've just finished Dead State Reanimated. I went looking for a sequel or at least DLC, but the dev company no longer exists and the IP is dead. Shame - it was a good isometric squad combat/base building/survival/civilian leader game with a good enough story to have scope for DLC or a sequel. I've finished it with two of the available endings, but I haven't quite managed the "you all fight your way out" ending - my character died fighting a heroic rearguard action so the others could escape.

Looking through my "games I bought and never played" list has me pencilling in Dying Light something version next. Ultimate version, maybe. I have 18 DLCs for it, so that's probably all of them. Or maybe The Witcher. I've bought Witcher 1, 2 and 3 and not played any of them. 1 has been installed for years. I probably should get around to it some day.

Trudograd had its 0.92 release yesterday. Almost to release version! It's the sequel to the best game I've played in years - Atom RPG - so I'm looking forward to it.

Took me a few goes to get into but Dying Light is I would say 1 of 5 games I have finished over the last 5 or so years.

Recommend that.

Associate
Took me a few goes to get into but Dying Light is I would say 1 of 5 games I have finished over the last 5 or so years.

Recommend that.

I second this, i played through it when it released and again after some DLC was out..
its nothing mind-blowing but its worth a play through, i enjoyed it

Man of Honour

Recommend that.

I second this, i played through it when it released and again after some DLC was out..
its nothing mind-blowing but its worth a play through, i enjoyed it

I gave it a go. All I had to do was turn off the settings that deliberately degrade the graphics (motion blur, aberration and depth of field) and then swap the keybindings for E and F so I stopped kicking things I intended to interact with :) After that, good game. I'm already interested in the story and the characters and the gameplay is nicely done although I'm not a fan of 3D platform games so I'll skip that part of it as much as possible. I'm already beginning to suspect that the faction I'm working for has not been telling me the whole truth. The game has my interest, which is a good sign. Looks like the Witcher series is pushed back again. Maybe Witcher 1 after Dying Light...unless Trudograd reaches release version first. Or maybe The Wild Eight. I played that for a bit and while I don't like the interface a permadeath survival game has some appeal to me.

Associate
Started playing F1 2021 on Xbox one series X. Game is great but had a few but with stressing wheel force feedback not always working and had problem assigning button with my thurstmaster tx. My start playing no man sky as heard it improved slot since it came out.

Soldato
Well, that's a disappointment. After about an hour of playing Dying Light I've found that being a 3D platform game is a very large part of what it is. Maybe I'll just watch someone doing a thorough playthrough to find out the story.
Yeh there is a fair bit of 3D platforming, Parkour focussed so plenty of it...

Soldato
I've been playing wasteland 3 for a few weeks now. I stated it when I got covid and virulent concentrate on a "action" game, but corks handle turn-based.
Really enjoyed it so far. The combat is engaging, I have only had to relax on a few occasions, but most flights give your the sense that you could lose, so the challenge is about right. The scripting is good, and in terms of rpg basics, there are a lot of ways to solve quests.
Strong recommendation from me, it is part of gamepass.

Associate
Well, that's a disappointment. After about an hour of playing Dying Light I've found that being a 3D platform game is a very large part of what it is. Maybe I'll just watch someone doing a thorough playthrough to find out the story.

Yeah its a big part of the game, you spend a lot of time on rooftops etc

Associate
Started playing F1 2021 on Xbox one series X. Game is great but had a few but with stressing wheel force feedback not always working and had problem assigning button with my thurstmaster tx. My start playing no man sky as heard it improved slot since it came out.

I found NMS enjoyable when I played it earlier this year. Gort about 60 hours in before I got bored of it.

Associate
Just started Hades. Not really my type of game so I doubt I'll finish it but, it's good for a 15 minute session before I start work.

I ended up doing a complete run-through on the 32nd attempt. Looks like I need to do a bunch more complete runs to get the full story, which is a bit annoying.

Man of Honour
I've been playing wasteland 3 for a few weeks now. I stated it when I got covid and virulent concentrate on a "action" game, but corks handle turn-based.

That's an odd combo of typos and autocomplete errors! "virulent concentrate" sounds quite frightening and "corks handle turn-based" quite confusing, maybe some sort of complex system in which the length of turns varies, twisting like a corkscrew.

Really enjoyed it so far. The combat is engaging, I have only had to relax on a few occasions, but most flights give your the sense that you could lose, so the challenge is about right. The scripting is good, and in terms of rpg basics, there are a lot of ways to solve quests.
Strong recommendation from me, it is part of gamepass.

If you haven't played Wasteland 2, you might like to look at that afterwards. I played the Director's Cut version and found it excellent. Better than Wasteland 3. Wasteland 1 is much older and looks it, so the amount of difference is larger.

I found WL3 irritating in some cases because you're only allowed to choose between unfair decisions and in the worst case (near the endgame) you're only allowed to choose between which friendlies you kill for no good reason and are forced to make things worse despite better solutions being obvious. That grated on me.

Here's a randomly chosen minor (but still irritating) example:

Early on, you can (and probably will) grant a small group of civilians shelter in your mostly unused base. They shelter in the locker room area, which is not being used by anyone for anything. At a later point in the game, when your base is becoming staffed, this causes conflict because you now have base personnel who want to use the locker room as a locker room. In reality, this problem shouldn't need your intervention (you have capable officers) or should be something you can easily resolve. There is plenty of spare space in the base. There's a hall that's not being used for anything at all, just gathering dust. You could use civilian support staff for your growing base, rather than having soldiers do it when it would be better for them to be training (almost none of your soldiers are trained to begin with - they're almost all raw recruits) or deployed. Those civilians are an organised group with a leader and at least one of them is a good cook. So the obvious solution is for the civilian group to work as catering staff for your base and to turn that unused hall into their accomodation. Everyone wins - the civilians get shelter and decent jobs, your soldiers get a locker room and you get less conflict in your base, better morale, better training for your soldiers, better integration of the civilians and the soldiers and you get to keep your word to the civilians. But the game forbids that obviously best solution. You are forced to either go back on your word and kick the civilians out into the streets (where they will probably die) or order your soldiers to cease their reasonable complaint about a bad situation and let the civilians continue to live in the locker room and do nothing for the base (which causes increasing morale and discipline issues). That unused hall? You must use it as museum that's a monument to yourself or leave it abandoned. That's the only choice the game allows.

Back
Top Bottom