The Cryptolambo had gone to the moon... Time for Cryptolambo 2!!!

Soldato
If your local shell has vpower, fill up matey.

Just went to my local shell on fumes, no vpower so had to fill up with cheap. Drove to the next shell, also no vpower. Apparently there a shortage in the country and most garages are running low or completely dry waiting for a refill.

Thanks for this, wondered why my local one ran out.

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
Just got confirmation that the container with my tyres was delivered to the distribution center this afternoon.

Can finally get rid of these crap pirellis and get some MPS4S on!!!!

Soldato
I may have missed it but how come you've had to get them shipped in. IS it just the sizing thats a shortage of.
I think my new car gets shipped with either the pirellis or the Michelins depending on stock at build time. Looking at the forums And with my delays I may get see if the dealer can swap them if they are the P's. They are brand new afterall

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
I may have missed it but how come you've had to get them shipped in. IS it just the sizing thats a shortage of.

Covid has meant michelins stockpiles are all but gone. They only ship over container loads at a time and the ultra high end stuff simply has been pushed back in production for their volume products.

Its taken this long for the tyres to be manufactured, allocated to the UK and sent over on the first shipment.

Not sure how true it is, but told this particular size for my fronts (255 30 20) only 6 of them allocated to the UK in this shipment, and I have 2 of them reserved from the central distribution hub.

Soldato
We had a Nissan murano a couple of years back that we had to stop using as the tyres were out of stock EVERYWHERE. Unless we changed all 4 for some that were more suited to offroad.

Get the next set ordered as soon as you confirm your happy with them.

Soldato
Covid has meant michelins stockpiles are all but gone. They only ship over container loads at a time and the ultra high end stuff simply has been pushed back in production for their volume products.

Its taken this long for the tyres to be manufactured, allocated to the UK and sent over on the first shipment.

Not sure how true it is, but told this particular size for my fronts (255 30 20) only 6 of them allocated to the UK in this shipment, and I have 2 of them reserved from the central distribution hub.
Makes sense, even though your tyres will be expensive (and have a bigger markup), the amount of "normal" sized tyres means they'll make way more on them in total.

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
So got the call they were here, so popped down to my local trusted tyre garage to have them fitted.

As usual the VIP treatment, drove it right in and the boys got to work.

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

Off with the old ones first... turns out the rears were a bit difficult to get off due to the size :cry::cry:

i.php

And the replacements:

i.php

i.php

Heres a size comparison of the rears, just to show *how* big they are.

i.php

While the fronts were off took a moment to check out the ceramics, which were in fine condition

i.php

New tyres all on, torqued up (which, isnt in the manual, so if anyone in google is looking for this the Wheel Nuts of a Lamborghini Aventador need to be done to 160nm)

i.php

i.php

i.php

Back home after a couple of miles scrub in and the feel is just 100x better. And they arent even ready to go yet.

Re-torqued just to check, one bolt had a bit of give in it but the remainder were fine.

i.php

i.php

All done for less than a grand, so happy days.

Soldato
They even look sticky.

I love it. Taking a Lambo to what looks like a dodgy garage.

I know it wont be!

I know quite a few like that and they are Golden. Especially compared to the "quicker" type of outfit, That buzz your wheels on coz its Kwiker..

Caporegime
wow that garage is filthy as hell with what looks like a hundred years of grease and dirt on the walls.

the cars not too clean either though :D

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
I love it. Taking a Lambo to what looks like a dodgy garage.

wow that garage is filthy as hell with what looks like a hundred years of grease and dirt on the walls.

About right, but its a family run business and they are honest, hard working lads that respect the cars and do a good timely job for a good price, and if I didnt trust them I wouldnt take the car there.

They even ordered in black weights for balancing just for my car rather than the silver ones.

Soldato
About right, but its a family run business and they are honest, hard working lads that respect the cars and do a good timely job for a good price, and if I didnt trust them I wouldnt take the car there.

They even ordered in black weights for balancing just for my car rather than the silver ones.

Which is what I mean. Much better service at a place like that. Than the boys in blue and yellow.. Bet they love it when they hear you coming

Caporegime

yea nothing against the dirt as long as what matters is clean.

just seems surreal seeing such a flashy car surrounded by striking contrast, I bet some peoples faces drop when they see inside :p

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
just seems surreal seeing such a flashy car surrounded by striking contrast, I bet some peoples faces drop when they see inside :p

Youd be surprised, a lot of the supercar / high end car owners all use this place for the same reason, seeing a fez, maz, macca etc there isnt a "rare" sight :D

Same really for the place the alloys get refurbed.

Yes, compared to litchos where you could eat your food off the floor its black and white, but you dont need somewhere like litchos to change tyres :)

Soldato

Sounds like a great shop. I love shops like that because they give you a decent price and do a better job. All these flashy places might do a good job too, but you pay for it!

Soldato
If that is the VIP treatment, I'd hate to see the normal treatment.

I have no idea why you would take a car of that class to a scruffy back street garage like that. Also taking pics of the workers, errr what now.

Back
Top Bottom