***Official GTAV PC Thread*** [Important warning updated in the OP]

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
All of these DLCs are seemingly focused on online stuff? Is this the end to campaign based DLCs? Shame really as I do like GTAV but want more SP stuff to do as have no care in the world for online play.

Soldato
All of these DLCs are seemingly focused on online stuff? Is this the end to campaign based DLCs? Shame really as I do like GTAV but want more SP stuff to do as have no care in the world for online play.

Yeah, they never did a DLC for GTA V only GTA online.
In fact, they made a point of excluding the campaign altogether by preventing you from using the online vehicles in the game.
If it is to be believed, they used some of the dialogue from the DLC that was proposed to make online content and scrubbed the DLC's

They were making so much money from Sharkcards when online was eventually released that it made no sense to lob people back into story mode.

Soldato
I'm not into the races either since it's more about ramming each other off the track, but I'm looking forward to this DLC. It has a number of things to do besides just racing and car meets.

Yeah, I have given up already. The only thing this DLC does is break my Macros :p

Also started the first contract and gave up as I am done with the waste of time crap they are putting into the game. Follow chopper..... that goes so slow. Then get wasted as soon as the next part of the mission starts. Nope.
The only good thing is you can choose which radio stations you want to appear on the radio wheel.

Man of Honour
I bought the La Mesa auto shop as i have my arcade, nightclub, crates and vehicle warehouse along that main road,
not bought any cars yet, there's 10 available to buy now and 10 spaces in the auto shop to store them, but they are going to drip feed another 7 cars,
so i think i'l just pick my favorite 3 for the moment and see what turns up over the next few weeks because if i bought all 17 then some would have to go into other garages and i'd end up forgetting i have them

Man of Honour
This game is even deader than i thought on this forum,
i thought with the new DLC having been out for 2 days now we'd have had more people posting about it

Soldato
I think there is a limited amount of people who use this forum and most moved on from GTA 5-6 years ago LOL
However, the DLC was not great either. Quite a niche direction.
Personally very disappointed with the update. I knew it was not for me as I am not a car nut however it is just so shallow. They really have put minimal effort in.
There is the usual R* fluff to eek out as much time as possible when doing stuff for such a small reward.

Only bought the garage and that is not at all what I thought it would be.

The contract missions are awful. I mean really bad. Defo do once never again. Oh, you can only use this car and only these weapons with this amount of ammo. Really R*? Can do other set-up loaded to the gills with weapons but not the final... Mmmmm

So yeah, I guess that is me done with that one. A real shame.
Next, waiting to see if PC has been dropped when it comes to the Expanded and Enhanced.

@cainer Can you confirm they have borked the AFK?

Man of Honour
@cainer Can you confirm they have borked the AFK?

Do you mean afk'ing while watching the security cameras? i've not tried that for a few weeks as i kinda have all the cash i need for now but can check to see if you like?

edit: i've loaded in and gone afk at my bunker security cam so i'll let you know in ~20-30 mins

Update: all working fine, was afk for over 35 minutes and wasn't kicked

Last edited:
Soldato
Do you mean afk'ing while watching the security cameras? i've not tried that for a few weeks as i kinda have all the cash i need for now but can check to see if you like?

edit: i've loaded in and gone afk at my bunker security cam so i'll let you know in ~20-30 mins

Update: all working fine, was afk for over 35 minutes and wasn't kicked

Cool, I did see somewhere that they had fixed it so you could not AFK for hours.

Soldato
It's what is keeping GTAV the most-watched game on Twitch and has been for a couple of years.
It's not for me as I would have to engage with people. It did save FiveM though as it can't be done without it.

Man of Honour
I see Expanded & Enhanced has been put back for PS5 users from Nov 2021 to March 2022,
i'm quite surprised as it wasn't that long ago that they gave us the Nov release date, i guess they hit a major snag some where

Soldato
I see Expanded & Enhanced has been put back for PS5 users from Nov 2021 to March 2022,
i'm quite surprised as it wasn't that long ago that they gave us the Nov release date, i guess they hit a major snag some where

Call me cynical

I think it was low sales of the PS5 due to chip shortages. That might be ending soon-ish so that would fit in with Take2's marketing strategy of extracting the absolute most amount out of GTAO. Also, it looks just like the current PC version, which would make total sense why PC is not listed. It would literally be a balloon... pointless. Even the trailer has a very similar opening with the shoes on the overhead wires.
Nothing from the new trailer showed anything different than what we already have on PC. Remember PC already had more detail (animal population etc) than old gen when it was released.
I was hoping for something last night but when it came on it I was like, oh they have rehashed the PC trailer and downscalled it to 1080p LOL

Last edited:
Soldato
Call me cynical

I think it was low sales of the PS5 due to chip shortages. That might be ending soon-ish so that would fit in with Take2's marketing strategy of extracting the absolute most amount out of GTAO. Also, it looks just like the current PC version, which would make total sense why PC is not listed. It would literally be a balloon... pointless. Even the trailer has a very similar opening with the shoes on the overhead wires.
Nothing from the new trailer showed anything different than what we already have on PC. Remember PC already had more detail (animal population etc) than old gen when it was released.
I was hoping for something last night but when it came on it I was like, oh they have rehashed the PC trailer and downscalled it to 1080p LOL

Very hard to compare youtube with the video compression. I don't think it's anything special, it' the small details most of us don't notice and those that do on PC use mods to blow anything the PS5 will get out of the water.

Soldato
Very hard to compare youtube with the video compression. I don't think it's anything special, it' the small details most of us don't notice and those that do on PC use mods to blow anything the PS5 will get out of the water.

Yeah, there is really no real difference.

However, this is quite interesting.

Soldato
After watching that video it looks basically the same. I bet it is even less noticeable when actually playing at 30+fps.

Moneh moneh monehhhhhhhhh

edit: noticed this enhanced version is a console thing? I suppose that's good.

Back
Top Bottom