The Cryptolambo had gone to the moon... Time for Cryptolambo 2!!!

Soldato
The guy changing it looks like a total dude. Should be on a California beach not a tyre shop :) Bet it was roasting in there! I like those sorts of places though, no bells and whistles but people you can trust who will do a great job.

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
If that is the VIP treatment, I'd hate to see the normal treatment.

I have no idea why you would take a car of that class to a scruffy back street garage like that. Also taking pics of the workers, errr what now.

Wake up on the wrong side of the bed again Nath? Have some sugar in your coffee, might make you less of a bitter person.

160nm torque on a wheel nut.....

I think the hub nut on my car isn't too much more than that!

Yea seems high to me, sure it's not 140nm, 160nm might be the Performante? (opinion based on 5 seconds of looking online)....

Came straight from a lambo techs mouth, will ring a different dealership and check.

The guy changing it looks like a total dude. Should be on a California beach not a tyre shop :) Bet it was roasting in there! I like those sorts of places though, no bells and whistles but people you can trust who will do a great job.

One of the nicest people you'll ever meet. Super careful, respects the cars. Just everyone there (including the owner and other fitters) was laughing so hard when the stack of the Tyre, the alloy and the machine was taller than him so he couldnt lift the tyre off, so they got him a "booster alloy" to stand on and even then needed a second person to cajole it off.

Soldato
If that is the VIP treatment, I'd hate to see the normal treatment.

I have no idea why you would take a car of that class to a scruffy back street garage like that. Also taking pics of the workers, errr what now.
lol

160nm torque on a wheel nut.....

I think the hub nut on my car isn't too much more than that!

It's a pretty heavy car with massive wheels, transferring a lot of energy through giant tyres and into hefty suspension designed to keep it's geometry on track. Sounds believable to me, next level up is centre locks I guess which are absolutely mad torque.

Caporegime
Yup, 160nm confirmed on the 5 bolts :)

And 600+ on a center lock version :D
Reminds me of a work event a few years ago with Koenigsegg, There was a CCR there (one of Paul B many cars), taking of the wheels they realised they did both rear tyres inside edged on the setup day so booked in for new tyres the next day but no one knew the torque setting for the wheels to put them back. Someone asked Christian (who was stood near by) the torque of the wheel nut, without a second of pause he replied with the exact torque of 350 ot 550Nm, cant remember now. This guy is the CEO...

Love the fact he knows every detail about his cars.

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
WOW

WOW

WOW

i.php

Honestly every time I switch from *insert whatever tyre was on the car before* to MPS4S it blows me away at how transformative they are.

I thought the pirellis were bad, but just took the car out for a 20 mile run down some local twisty roads and a high speed run back and the response and feel of the car is like im driving something completely new.

No longer is the car struggling for grip in first and second, its just hooking up and throwing me down the road.

The feedback on corners is so much better. My inputs to the steering wheel are direct and obvious rather than somewhat vague.

And you know that its only going to get better.

When you pull up and the tyres look like this, you know they have some serious grip.

i.php

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
The drive back involved some wet concrete that someone has spewed all over the road by the time I got back it was already dry and the scorching temperatures meant getting any chemicals on was a bad idea.

After the clouds turned up and cooled everything down this evening, some autobrite citrus wash made up strong to dissolve away the calcium and then gently washed away with a hosepipe through raceglaze water purifier.

The PPF is pretty repellent to dirt actually as the rest of the car was just given a spray down and its basically clean!

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
Insurance hunting time.

And not a good start.

Compare the market, cheapest quote £3k, most companies wont even quote due to the value.

Pace ward £2k

Got brokers out looking.

Back
Top Bottom