Poll: British Grand Prix 2021, Silverstone - Race 10/23

Rate the 2021 British Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
I think that particular rule needs to be scrapped tbh. A driver outside the top 10 doesn't qualify for a point (for fastest lap) but it also prevents someone inside the top 10 from getting a point? I get the argument that they technically aren't setting the fastest outright lap but it was introduced and intended on providing a spectacle for the fans seeing a driver take a gamble and going for a fastest lap and an extra point... if you're dead last... who cares? :o

In my mind, if you're outside the top 10 then you shouldn't have any right to affect the fastest lap of any driver within the top 10. After all, I dare say RB would have a lot to say if Russell starts chucking on fresh tyres on the penultimate lap and robbing Max of the fastest point.
Agree that only one of the top 10 should be able to claim the fastest lap point and take it off someone else who previously may have set it.

Soldato
28 people voted the GP a 10/10 and 25 voted in 1-5/10.... I am curious to know of those who voted a score of 5 or under: WHY and ARE YOU A MAX FAN?

Not baiting anyone - this is genuine curiosity

I'm not a fan of any specific drivers, I want to see overtakes, ideally on the track but I'll take positive pit stops too.

Besides the soap opera of the racing incident between Lewis and Max, it was another dishwater race.

Soldato
surley the teams should be punished and not a driver... dock constructors points.

Yep.
This whole thing seems to be getting out of hand now. I heard the conversation between Massi and Toto the same as anyone else, Masi said: "I suggest if you want to, Toto, feel free to go upstairs and see the stewards directly." So, even the FIA's own race director gave permission for Toto to go to the Stewards. It was after that radio call that Hornor went rushing to the Stewards as well. The only person that did not have permission was Hornor.

Man of Honour
Yep.
This whole thing seems to be getting out of hand now. I heard the conversation between Massi and Toto the same as anyone else, Masi said: "I suggest if you want to, Toto, feel free to go upstairs and see the stewards directly." So, even the FIA's own race director gave permission for Toto to go to the Stewards. It was after that radio call that Hornor went rushing to the Stewards as well. The only person that did not have permission was Hornor.
I'm trying to work out who out of Horner and Verstappen is the most petulant.

Soldato
28 people voted the GP a 10/10 and 25 voted in 1-5/10.... I am curious to know of those who voted a score of 5 or under: WHY and ARE YOU A MAX FAN?

Not baiting anyone - this is genuine curiosity

I voted 5, and like the others it was basically a dull race...

I'm a Hamilton fan, was ok with Max but quickly coming to dislike him.

First half a lap was great for the most part, I feel it was a racing incident and that the penalty was harsh but whatever (same as Norris in the last race really), after that not a huge amount happened until the last ~10-15 laps or so. I think 1 is silly and probably a bunch of Max fanboys, but 10 is equally stupid.

And I just checked who voted 10... :D :p

Soldato
Lol!

At the moment Max is annoying but I feel most of the problem is Horner. If he was managed by Toto I think we’d be seeing a different Max.

It reminds me of that saying how you can't take a careful driver and make him fast, but you can take a fast driver and make him careful. The problem I think is that Horner is enabling Max's bad habits, when he should be helping train him out of his mistakes and hot head so he can become a fast driver that actually wins through skill, not just barging their way into accidents and think it's justified because they have a fast car.

Caporegime
Someone needs to tell Horner and Red Bull to

images-jpeg.jpg

Transmission breaker
Don
This a very dangerous precedent they are looking to set. They need to tell their drivers to avoid any wheel to wheel situations if they are going to crow about the costs of damage when racing.
It's plastered over every ticket, flyer, form and entry way. MOTORSPORT IS DANGEROUS...

Associate
Horner aka Bitter Spice (saw that on FB and it amused me :D)

I've seen CryingSpice too

I voted 10/10 for race... as some good overtaking action and some spiciness... maybe I was over-enthusiastic but I want to see drivers going for it... if every attempt at an OT gets a penalty F1 will soon DIE as a sport

Back
Top Bottom