Pro Cycling Discussion 2021

Soldato
OP
Ooooh, I've not really watched Mountain Biking before, but yes, that does sound like it could be fun. Does GCN+ cover this too, I assume?

Olympics is all on BBC/Eurosport. dont think anything on GCN+ Old MTB races are on RedbullTV the coverage is good. watch the nove mesto 2021 race to see MVDP/Pidcock battle. or Albstadt for Pidcocks first race where he started 71st! That's a great watch.

Soldato
The men's Olympics road race is on GCN+ on Saturday and then women's on Sunday. Both silly times though for us :D

02:50 and 04:50 respectively.

Soldato
OP
Ah didn't realise that.

Should be finishing near to when you wake up!

Just heard yesterday that itv4 won't have vuelta highlights this year. Very annoying as they're a nice summary of the day compared to gcn/eurosport last 15k rubbish. Plus no Boulting and Millar.

Soldato
OP
They haven't had anything the last couple of years of the route have they? Shame nothing down here! Probably quicker for me to get to flanders than most of those locations :cry:

Soldato
At least it is actually a tour of Britain now though and not a tour of England with a token start in Scotland/Wales.
Some of the absolute best riding in the whole country is in Scotland and they have to this day never touched any of it.

Soldato
Guessing that's a funding and transition thing with the best stuff fairly remote and many moons from civilisation of some sort.

Loch Lomond area barely north of Glasgow is way more accessible and less travel than the stage up at Aberdeen tbh. It'll all be money and interest related. ABDN area makes sense as tour series is well received there and in that area they have a lot of keen/active race organisers.

Soldato
Nothing in the midlands this time around unfortunately but its great to seeing London get nothing.
At least it is actually a tour of Britain now though and not a tour of England with a token start in Scotland/Wales.
Some of the absolute best riding in the whole country is in Scotland and they have to this day never touched any of it.

Oi. England basically consists of just London and Surrey no? Why the hell is it not passing right by my front door??!??! This is ridiculous!

(always love reading this kinda outrage on twitter etc!)

Soldato
OP
Had the road race on for about 30 mins now, starting to get interesting!

Pog on rim brakes when not at the mercy of his sponsors.

Last edited:
Soldato
Watching it now on GCN... Am I right in observing the sound goes at just before an hour in and then around 15 mins later you get tennis audio!? Video is fine lol

Back
Top Bottom