Jolt - Kate Beckinsale does John Wick (kind of) - July 2021

Soldato
Underworld without the vampire or the hubby director?

UW the first one was not bad (although Bill N hammed it up without being anything like coming across as an aristocrat).

More Pretty Woman I think, as there's a ermm woman in it. Shame though, if Liam Neeson was in it it'd would be more akin to Taken.

Soldato
OP
Now there's a little more info, here's the synopsis -

"A bouncer with a slightly murderous anger-management problem that she controls with the help of an electrode-lined vest she uses to shock herself back to normalcy whenever she gets homicidal. After the first guy she's ever fallen for is murdered, she goes on a revenge-fueled rampage to find the killer while the cops pursue her as their chief suspect."

Soooooooo now we have more info, yeah still John Wick-ish in visual style and storyline :D

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Well this looks boring. Will watch when its on film 4 in 6 months time advertised as empowerment month or something.

Soldato
Watched 30 mins of it, it's ok, i'm enjoying it, Beckinsale looks stunning. I will finish it today but it's not hooking me, definitely nothing like Wick though.

Soldato
Yeah got upto the bit where she is going full on revenge its a bit meh. The script has her character sounding like someone who frequents the pubs which decorate the floor with blood and sawdust the dialogue is quite dirty in places and after a bit sounds out of place and tiresome when you just want her to start kicking ass. Even when she speaks to her shrink. Its almost like its trying too hard but failing miserable script wise. Dont get the John Wick reference either its nothing like John Wick.

In the restaurant scene at the beginning I was that bored I realised the location is the same one they use in the Ed Sheeran/Justin Bieber music video for "I Dont Care" and that probably sums up the feeling about this movie.

Back
Top Bottom