• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3080ti in stock 1h after alert

Soldato
It is certainly a beast of a card, as you mentioned solidly built, my only gripe is lack of written instructions, I had to go online to find out what the long bit of plastic as for.
Case is a Fractal Node 804, I will probably use the sag thingy as I have nothing to lose by doing so.

Instructions here mate :-
https://www.palit.com/palit/vgapro.php?id=4143&lang=en&pn=NED308T019KB-1020G&tab=do

Sag holder instructions there too...^ and New ThunderMaster to control the leds and other parts of the card.

Told you it's a lot nicer in real than the pictures show. Happy you like it, I was same at first when I got my first one was curious to see the build quality as I knew the board and components they used were top notch, just was a little worried it was plastic fantastic, but as you see now one of the most solid cards.

Last edited:
Soldato
I am struggling to figure out how to power up my GeForce RTX™ 3080 Ti GameRock as there are three 8 pin ports on the card, the card came with a splitter with 8 pin at one end and two female 6 pin the other.
My PSU is a Silverstone ST75F-PB do you use two cables plugged into 6 pin ports on PSU then to the splitter?

Soldato
I am struggling to figure out how to power up my GeForce RTX™ 3080 Ti GameRock as there are three 8 pin ports on the card, the card came with a splitter with 8 pin at one end and two female 6 pin the other.
My PSU is a Silverstone ST75F-PB do you use two cables plugged into 6 pin ports on PSU then to the splitter?

Don't use the splitter, your psu has 4 x 8pin pcie , just use the cables that come off the psu and you only need 3 of the 4.

Specs of your pcie power connectors for your psu.

4 x 8/6-Pin PCIe connectors

Make sure you have the other pcie power cable with the blue end that goes into the psu, you should have two of them and they both have 2 x 8pin/6pin at the ends that go to the gpu. If your last gpu only used two you may still have other cable in the psu box and didn't use it.

FuF9RY7.jpg

The ones in the red box on the image.

Last edited:
Soldato
Don't use the splitter, your psu has 4 x 8pin pcie , just use the cables that come off the psu and you only need 3 of the 4.

Specs of your pcie power connectors for your psu.

4 x 8/6-Pin PCIe connectors

Make sure you have the other pcie power cable with the blue end that goes into the psu, you should have two of them and they both have 2 x 8pin/6pin at the ends that go to the gpu. If your last gpu only used two you may still have other cable in the psu box and didn't use it.

FuF9RY7.jpg

The ones in the red box on the image.
Nope my PSU only has two 8 Pin connectors I need three at least. I have used the two blues but I am left wondering what to do with the third?
LG3248f.jpg.png

Soldato
Nope my PSU only has two 8 Pin connectors I need three at least. I have used the two blues but I am left wondering what to do with the third?
LG3248f.jpg.png

Yes it has 2 at the psu end , but the cables have double pcie 2 x8 / 6 at each end.

So you end up having to use one of the ones that comes off one of the cables.

QXtA1S9.jpg

You will see on this picture each cable has 2 x 8pin/6pin so 4 in total.

So use 1 on one cable and two on the other.

The Blue ends of the cable go into the psu and the black ends into the gpu. Make sure you have the cables right way round when you plug them into the psu.

Also make sure you are not using cables from a different psu, make sure they are the same ones as in the picture that came with the psu, because some cables are wired different at the psu end, so make sure blue end is the right cable that goes into psu.

Last edited:
Associate
From the PSU specs you linked
4 x 8/6-Pin PCIe connector("550mm / 150mm" x 2
Don't introduce extra splitters you don't need. As it can impact reliability.

Have you linked the correct PSU?

Soldato
From the PSU specs you linked

Don't introduce extra splitters you don't need. As it can impact reliability.

Have you linked the correct PSU?
Yep definitely the ST75F-PB.

I am thinking that perhaps another PSU, perhaps the Corsair RM Series RM750.

Yes it has 2 at the psu end , but the cables have double pcie 2 x8 / 6 at each end.

So you end up having to use one of the ones that comes off one of the cables.

QXtA1S9.jpg

You will see on this picture each cable has 2 x 8pin/6pin so 4 in total.

So use 1 on one cable and two on the other.

The Blue ends of the cable go into the psu and the black ends into the gpu. Make sure you have the cables right way round when you plug them into the psu.

Also make sure you are not using cables from a different psu, make sure they are the same ones as in the picture that came with the psu, because some cables are wired different at the psu end, so make sure blue end is the right cable that goes into psu.

Got you so it is OK to use one cable to two ports on the GPU?

Soldato
Yep definitely the ST75F-PB.

I am thinking that perhaps another PSU, perhaps the Corsair RM Series RM750.

Got you so it is OK to use one cable to two ports on the GPU?

Yes its fine to use two of the black connectors that come of one cable. That psu is designed for that and a single rail psu. Adding a splitter only adds more cables not needed and won't make a different on that psu.

If you were going to buy another psu, which you don't need if it works fine on that, you will want to get a 850w minimum psu, I also wouldn't advise sticking the oc bios on that card as you only have a 750w psu. If in the future you get a 850w psu then stick the oc bios on. The card you have uses 350w, with the oc Bios it will use 400w and may cause stability issues due to the psu not having enough power (well could try it and see if stable and if not revert back to the original BIOS, best to just try what you have for now and see how stable the system is first and work out its power draw in GPU-Z before doing any OC BIOS, the card has dual bios anyways so can set the lower power one too if needed, your card is already overclocked on the performance bios and the quiet bios reduces the power draw again, doesn't actually slow the fans on these cards, just the power use, the oc version of the card just has a 50w more power use on the performance BIOS, so allows it to go up to higher clocks).

Just get it working with what you have for now and then we can see how it is going and then you can test how much power the gpu is pulling with gpu-z while running a game or benchmark.

This is how you will connect it up, arrow in red pointing at what you need to do.

PJlS1Fa.jpg

Last edited:
Permabanned
LG3248f.jpg.png

You have run out of 8 pin power connectors (the two blue connectors ). I would not recommend a splitter as five8five mentioned, reliability issues.

Just buy a new PSU, way worth it. Below is an absolute bargain quality PSU. Gold quality 850watt for only £89.99.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cors...lar-power-supply-cp-9020196-uk-ca-24t-cs.html

Makes a big difference, a new 850w PSU for 3080 with three 8-Pin connectors. The card is never wanting power , even if you overclock.

Soldato
Yeah I saw this too for the FE. I came back an hour later and it was still there.

Good signs.

I almost bought one. But then I realised I don't pay what I don't think is a fair price for something.

Back
Top Bottom