Fuji X Series

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
The X100V arrived, it's lovely! Will take a little while to adjust to the different controls but shouldn't be a problem.

plNz42X.jpg

Took some snaps in the garden. 2 of these are using classic neg simulation and SOOC jpegs.

wDnhLFh.jpg

M0qiFU7.jpg

fdyVabs.jpg

Soldato
Toying with the idea of getting another Fuji to go along side my Sony A7R3, I miss the film simulation you get on the Fuji cameras.

I’ve missed both my XT3 and XT4.

Soldato
Wow that is quite impressive!
If it's really damaged, then you're not going to make it worse doing a DIY swab. Buy a decent kit for around £20 (I use VSGO) and either way you've saved £55 going to a dealer, and you've got swabs you can use in future.

If it does work, you've added more than £75 of value back into the camera even if you do get rid.

Hard to tell for sure, but those spots look eminently cleanable to me. In fact they look exactly like one of my sensors when I stupidly tried to blow some dust away while out and about and spat on the sensor :D

Kit arrived today. Spots came away easily, I used 3 different swabs and the images appear to be free of debris now at f/16. It seems incredibly easy for dust to get in there when changing lenses and then back to seenig artefacts again but the marks on the sensor are definitely gone.

Man of Honour
Very nice. I really enjoy using my 55-200 too. I've got a similar shot taken at 4am.

51304124273_b69823fd88_b.jpg

Man of Honour
Interesting conversation was had last night whilst I was taking some seascapes. Was chatting to a chap who was obviously very experienced and skilled. He had two cameras with him, one was a Nikon Z7. He was interested to know my thoughts on the XT-3, as he actually rated Fuji above Nikon and Sony, which he used frequently. He said the XT-3 in particular was the sweet spot in terms of quality and value for money, and the colour was so rich compared to his Z7. He would have bought an XT-3 if it wasn't for his investment in Nikon glass. He said he really loved the ergonomics and the fact all the dials he needed were on the case, and he even rated the menu system over his Nikon (which is usually the biggest complaint).

Soldato
Trying to find the best place to buy a Fuji X-S10.

E-infin have the body and 18-55 for £950 which is £300 cheaper than anywhere in the UK but it's out of stock.

They do a body only for £750 or i can pay £1200 from a UK company with my employer discount.

Soldato
Trying to find the best place to buy a Fuji X-S10.

E-infin have the body and 18-55 for £950 which is £300 cheaper than anywhere in the UK but it's out of stock.

They do a body only for £750 or i can pay £1200 from a UK company with my employer discount.
MPB have a few 'Like New' bodies for £839 - and being MPB that pretty much means brand new.
You could then pick up a used 18-55 which are cheap as chips because a lot of people buy the kit and flog the lens. Could probably get the whole lot (from UK) for around a grand maybe.

Soldato
Interesting conversation was had last night whilst I was taking some seascapes. Was chatting to a chap who was obviously very experienced and skilled. He had two cameras with him, one was a Nikon Z7. He was interested to know my thoughts on the XT-3, as he actually rated Fuji above Nikon and Sony, which he used frequently. He said the XT-3 in particular was the sweet spot in terms of quality and value for money, and the colour was so rich compared to his Z7. He would have bought an XT-3 if it wasn't for his investment in Nikon glass. He said he really loved the ergonomics and the fact all the dials he needed were on the case, and he even rated the menu system over his Nikon (which is usually the biggest complaint).
Have to agree about the X-T3, hands down the best camera/VFM I've ever owned.
Can't comment on the Nikon comparison as I've never used them but certainly blows any of my old Canon bodies out of the water.

Few snaps with the 55-200 from the other morning (got up at 430am for these!). I bought this ages ago but haven't really used it much. Now very excited again this is in my arsenal for the next hiking trip.
It can be a magical lens and for not being a particularly fast lens you can get some awesome out of focus areas through the compression.

Soldato
MPB have a few 'Like New' bodies for £839 - and being MPB that pretty much means brand new.
You could then pick up a used 18-55 which are cheap as chips because a lot of people buy the kit and flog the lens. Could probably get the whole lot (from UK) for around a grand maybe.
I’ve ordered the X-S10 and got a 35mm on route. :)

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Getting this in a few weeks I think. Seems like such a great camera to actually take out on trips etc. Getting fed up of not bringing a decent camera due to size /weight mainly caused by lenses.

Was originally looking at Leica Q2 but I think this will do as good a job for a bit less cash.
Did you get one? I may move mine on already if you’re interested.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
You should start a YouTube 'Unboxing' channel with the amount of tech you buy and shift on :D

I know I really need to stop :D
I’ve been using the X100V this week on holiday and it’s producing some lovely photos, I just can’t be bothered to put the effort in. This leads me to wanting to leave it at home.

Soldato
I know I really need to stop :D
I’ve been using the X100V this week on holiday and it’s producing some lovely photos, I just can’t be bothered to put the effort in. This leads me to wanting to leave it at home.

I just dont like the x100 series. I had an x-E2s with a tiny 27mm and it was plent small and light enough and a better camera in several ways including not being trapped at one focal length for its lifetime.

Back
Top Bottom