Anyone use google pay?

Soldato
I've just had to get a new phone which has the option for google pay on it, anyone use it and happy with it?
Pros, cons etc?
I'm a bit worried security wise but is it any different to just using a contactless card anyway?

Associate
I use it all the time, it's came in handy at times, thats a few times now I've went for a shop then got to the till and realised I have no wallet. Longs you have your phone on you your OK. If worried about security turn NFC off after you've paid. I've noticed that it didn't auto turn off

Soldato
Yep, I've been using it for a good few years. I very rarely use my physical card anymore.

I remember the early contactless days when I'd always gets into 'discussions' with people at tills when I'd try to pay for anything over £30 with Google pay and they were convinced £30 was the limit and would try to tell me to put my card in.

Man of Honour
I pretty much use it for everything now. Often forget my wallet so it's a good backup. I've got 3 cards on it I can choose from. Joint account, personal account and so on. I've bought stuff for over £1k with it (nothing exciting was work related) which is scary but also handy!

I think I use it more than my card now days. Especially useful for public transport.

Associate
Is Google pay better than Samsung pay?

When it comes to contactless it's fine, same as Gpay, I use it on my Samsung Watch 3 from time to time.

But for Internet purchases it's garbage, even on their own Galaxy Store it's slow as hell, buggy failed purchase, please try again, spinning circle for 20 seconds waiting...Even when I disable Pi-hole ad blocker it's the same, works totally fine on mobile data signal though. I have no such issues with Gpay, it's instant, integrated into phone (although Android/Google O/S so abit unfair advantage).

Soldato
I use it all the time, it's came in handy at times, thats a few times now I've went for a shop then got to the till and realised I have no wallet. Longs you have your phone on you your OK. If worried about security turn NFC off after you've paid. I've noticed that it didn't auto turn off
There used to be a toggle for NFC in the notification panel, but no longer that I can find on my Android 11 Pixel 4 XL. It's hidden and that's irritating. They make it very easy to turn on though, with a toggle in Google Pay. Scrotes.

Sho

Sho

Soldato
My default payment is Google pay. I use my ticwatch Pro 3 and phone to pay for all my goods. Got 3 cards stored on it.

I can't remember the last time I carried my wallet. I refuse to carry cash.
I've been using Google pay from day one.

Back
Top Bottom