• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

fTPM corrupted

Associate
Since I put my new build together, I've had a couple of instance where on bootup I get a BIOS message reporting:
Code:
New CPU Installed, fTPM/PSP NV corrupted or fTPM/PSP NV Structure change

I can press Y to reset the fTPM and lose access to all encryption mechanisms using it, or press N to keep previous fTPM record and continue system boot.

Pressing N just loops and repeats, so the only way to continue is to press Y and reset it. Thankfully I've not used anything that uses TPM, I only enabled fTPM out of curiosity when the new that Win11 will require it but this does seem to be fundamental problem should Win11 actually use it for something.

I've got a 5900x with a Gigabyte x570 Aorus Ultra - I've not replaced the CPU at all, nor have a I don't anything to change fTPM settings (not that I'm aware of anyway), so I'm assuming that the fTPM has corrupted. Does anyone know if this is an issue with fTPM in the CPU, or a problem being caused by the MB?

Man of Honour
It sounds more like the BIOS has a problem (did you update it?), or the CMOS is getting cleared or partially cleared.

Associate
OP
I haven't updated the BIOS at all - the version on it is recent, so I didn't update (only 1 or 2 new versions after it), I might give that a shot then.

Not sure why the CMOS would get reset (my other settings don't seem to have changed), I'm certainly not doing anything to it - I'll see how it is after the BIOS update and fingers cross it's not an issue with the MB

Associate
I had this corruption a couple of times on my Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master and 5950X, but after hitting Y and disabling/enabling the option in the BIOS (with reboots into windows) it has gone away

Soldato
Can you get to the trusted computing settings or TPM settings in the BIOS? Clear the TPM and save and exit / reboot. All should be gravy. Unless you have encrypted your drives and use the TPM for storing the encryption keys?

Associate
OP
I had this corruption a couple of times on my Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master and 5950X, but after hitting Y and disabling/enabling the option in the BIOS (with reboots into windows) it has gone away

Didn't want to leave this thread without any resolution, however without leaving it some time it's hard to tell if any fix has worked.
This is what I ended up doing, switched it off, rebooted, then switched it on again and rebooted. So far I've not had any further issues with it, hopefully that's the issue resolved now.

thanks for all the suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom