Poll: *** The official 24" M1 iMac thread (it has seven colours and everything!) ***

Are you buying a 24" M1 iMac?

• Total voters
Soldato
Issue no longer :D

DSCF9808.jpg

The most nuts thing about that setup is you're using an apple mouse :p get something decent! otherwise, its niiiiice

PS: numeric keypad as well!! or is that the keypad with touch ID ?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
The most nuts thing about that setup is you're using an apple mouse :p get something decent! otherwise, its niiiiice

PS: numeric keypad as well!! or is that the keypad with touch ID ?

For some reason the Logitech mice I have have this slight input delay.

That’s the new keyboard with Touch ID.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
Genuine question... Do you work with paper much and does the desk actually stay that tidy?

My job doesn’t involve paper, unless I fancy taking notes in a notepad. I mostly use Apple notes.

I’ll have the odd thing on my desk throughout the day, but I generally keep it tidy like this. It’s nicer to work at a clean and tidy desk.

Soldato
My job doesn’t involve paper, unless I fancy taking notes in a notepad. I mostly use Apple notes.

I’ll have the odd thing on my desk throughout the day, but I generally keep it tidy like this. It’s nicer to work at a clean and tidy desk.
Well, it's very impressive! I have paper EVERYWHERE. Even a couple of days after a tidy, it returns!

Soldato
:D I have no idea what Karma is!
hah, just up votes basically. Just a way of seeing how popular a post is!

I have to admit, I keep looking at your setup and I am sorely tempted. I just don't know if I can drop down to such a small monitor. I might have to wait and see if a bigger one gets released. I find my 32" too small!

Soldato
hah, just up votes basically. Just a way of seeing how popular a post is!

I have to admit, I keep looking at your setup and I am sorely tempted. I just don't know if I can drop down to such a small monitor. I might have to wait and see if a bigger one gets released. I find my 32" too small!
Went and saw one in person today, the super sharp res definitely makes it a lot better than I expected. I probably could use one completely fine. Such a nice piece of kit.

Associate
Hey all

Took delivery of a silver 2021 iMac yesterday mid tier model, I have always wanted an iMac (but kept putting off getting one) and after a couple of weeks thinking about it decided to get one.

Very impressed with the machine looks wise & also its performance too, I have got the Magic Trackpad 2 arriving tomorrow.

Touch ID works perfectly, loving the display too, spent most of today installing software on the machine.

This one is a keeper for me :)

Cheers all

Associate
Interesting thread, I've always had Windows PCs but always wanted an imac just never took the leap as tend to think Apple seem to make it expensive for any upgrades. I did look at reviews on the Mac Mini M1 and people saying the performance was so good they outperformed old mac pros, I'm not as tech savvy as most here I know that and tend to only buy something new when my old whatever won't work anymore but curious when reading posts about the lack of decent monitors available for Mac Minis, currently I've only got a 27" Benq monitor, certainly budget but does me fine really, so just curious to hear what some of the benefits in using a top spec monitor, is it mainly watching movies.

Soldato
Interesting thread, I've always had Windows PCs but always wanted an imac just never took the leap as tend to think Apple seem to make it expensive for any upgrades. I did look at reviews on the Mac Mini M1 and people saying the performance was so good they outperformed old mac pros, I'm not as tech savvy as most here I know that and tend to only buy something new when my old whatever won't work anymore but curious when reading posts about the lack of decent monitors available for Mac Minis, currently I've only got a 27" Benq monitor, certainly budget but does me fine really, so just curious to hear what some of the benefits in using a top spec monitor, is it mainly watching movies.
Pretty straightforward answer, but it'll look better! It's most important for those doing graphical or design work and who therefore need a high degree of colour accuracy. Better screens will also run a higher refresh rate so look more smooth, and have fewer flaws such as backlight bleed (where you can still see the screens light bleeding through even when there's a dark picture on the screen). If you're not a designer you probably don't *need* a high end screen (I run a budget screen and it's fine for me) but they will look an awful lot better

Associate
Pretty straightforward answer, but it'll look better! It's most important for those doing graphical or design work and who therefore need a high degree of colour accuracy. Better screens will also run a higher refresh rate so look more smooth, and have fewer flaws such as backlight bleed (where you can still see the screens light bleeding through even when there's a dark picture on the screen). If you're not a designer you probably don't *need* a high end screen (I run a budget screen and it's fine for me) but they will look an awful lot better

Yeah I've started doing design with affinity designer but as I've never had a top spec monitor so I guess I've just got nothing to compare it to really, so just always thought it looked ok lol. Just had a look my current monitor is only BenQ GW2760HS 27-inch 1920 x 1080 Full HD Response time 4 milliseconds, I got it in 2017 but the model says 2013 so yeah I guess yeah its not really up to scratch these days.

If I was to get a mac mini should I be looking at a monitor 4K at the least, would something like this do Samsung LU28E590 28 Inch UHD 4K Monitor - Ultra HD 3840x2160, 1ms - 2 x HDMI, DisplayPort

**** link removed, do not link to competitors ****

Back
Top Bottom