Lian Li O11D XL Mod Help/Suggestions

Associate
Finally got this case and love it, the only thing that bugs me is that it's not completely white so I wanna change that

I want to change the black parts on the glass but not sure on the best way to do this or how it's done in the factory?

I could just get some vinyl over the top but not sure how good or bad that would look?

How is it done from the factory? Painted and then the metal brackets glued on?

Open to any/all suggestions...

Associate
That sounds pretty risky - if you try replacing the internal black foam around the panels with something thats not quite the right thickness (and that's IF you can get it off cleanly) you're going to have the panels rattling around the frame or not fitting in at all. Vinyl on the outside is going to look rubbish I reckon but might be easier and cheaper to try out.

Post pics if you try it and the forum can decide for you :D

Associate
OP
That sounds pretty risky - if you try replacing the internal black foam around the panels with something thats not quite the right thickness (and that's IF you can get it off cleanly) you're going to have the panels rattling around the frame or not fitting in at all. Vinyl on the outside is going to look rubbish I reckon but might be easier and cheaper to try out.

Post pics if you try it and the forum can decide for you :D

Thanks for the reply

I do want it to look as good as possible, I do have some spare white gloss vinyl laying around that I could play with to get an idea what it will look like and if that looks ok I could order some laser cut matte vinyl

Back
Top Bottom