Associate
Personally, I don't experience any issues that need to be fixed although many reportedly do have bugs, such as screen flicker and the monitor not waking from sleep etc.

I do have an issue with the G9 not recovering from sleep properly, on occasion anyway, no other issues at all.

will wait for the new BIOS to appear on the Samsung site, don’t want to tempt fate by installing a file downloaded from Reddit.

Associate
don’t want to tempt fate by installing a file downloaded from Reddit

I could have been looking at a different post to you over at reddit but the one I saw gave a instructions and a direct link to the legit Samsung Korea support page. If you aren't in an urgent rush and still feel hesitant, I don't suppose it will be too long before that firmware version is released via the English speaking regional support sites. I hope it fixes your issue :)

Associate
I could have been looking at a different post to you over at reddit but the one I saw gave a instructions and a direct link to the legit Samsung Korea support page. If you aren't in an urgent rush and still feel hesitant, I don't suppose it will be too long before that firmware version is released via the English speaking regional support sites. I hope it fixes your issue :)

Good point, installed it now. Seems to have fixed the issue I had with the G9 waking up once asleep so all good, thank you.

Associate
Also saying thanks for this. Just got my G9 today and seems problem free (thankfully), but figured I would update the FW in any case, as I was on 1007.1.

Incidentally, I managed to get it to work with an old 2gb USB drive, formatted to FAT32.

Associate
Small tip, I found if you unplug the USB lead from your computer then the update works just fine. Well that’s what worked for me it would not see the usb with the firmware on, unplugged the usb from my computer and bingo worked like a dream.

Also love this display
This worked for me. With the USB upstream plugged in, the monitor didn't recognise my USB stick. Once I unplugged it, I plugged in my random 32GB Sandisk stick and updated to the latest version no problem. Thanks for sharing.

Associate
I've got the G9 connected to a GTX1060 with two display port cables so I can use PiP to mimick two monitors on the screen. This works great but for normal use (ie when I just want the one big display) I find that the boot up info (bios etc) and Windows startup shows in DP1, but from the Windows login screen onwards it goes to DP2 which isn't very convenient to have to switch sources.
If it helps, DP1 is Display 2 in Windows, and vice versa. Does anyone know how to make DP1 the default or what I've done to mess this up?

Associate
Thanks for the post, was a big help! I was able to upgrade my firmware with a 32GB usb drive once I did the following:
  1. Disconnected the USB bridge (so Windows didn't mount the drive)
  2. Reformat the USB stick with rofus as mentioned above (FAT32, Non-bootable, default block size)
My guess is that the MBR of the USB stick is the key, so make sure you wipe off all partitions and recreate using rofus.

Finally have 240hz!

Associate
OP
Thanks for the post, was a big help! I was able to upgrade my firmware with a 32GB usb drive once I did the following:
  1. Disconnected the USB bridge (so Windows didn't mount the drive)
  2. Reformat the USB stick with rofus as mentioned above (FAT32, Non-bootable, default block size)
My guess is that the MBR of the USB stick is the key, so make sure you wipe off all partitions and recreate using rofus.

Finally have 240hz!

Noice, Happy to be of service :D

F2K

F2K

Associate
Just wanted to say thanks and really appreciate the post! Fancy zones is great and Ive just updated the firmware (now on v1010.2). Everything seemed to be fine straight out of the box but updated the FW just in case! The USB you recommended worked first try (once I had it plugged into the correct USB port, it was a 50/50 chance)!

Associate
OP
Just wanted to say thanks and really appreciate the post! Fancy zones is great and Ive just updated the firmware (now on v1010.2). Everything seemed to be fine straight out of the box but updated the FW just in case! The USB you recommended worked first try (once I had it plugged into the correct USB port, it was a 50/50 chance)!
Excellent, I'm sure you'll enjoy it, and you are most welcome.

Associate
I've downloaded it but can't be bothered to install it given the trauma of moving the monitor and making sure that the USB is inserted in the correct slot.

Don't have any issues with mine, let me know if the new version adds anything :)

Soldato
Couldn't see any difference after installing. I was hoping it would fix the monitor waking up problem. At the moment I have to turn it off and on again, which then allows me to choose the input menu to select the correct input. Bit of a faff and the update didn't fix it, maybe next time! :D

Back
Top Bottom